View Single Post
Old 21st August 2010, 09:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post

This one has the lot!
Nubile girlies,exposed at every opportunity! Decent monsters,gore and violence aplenty!
It also has two other important things,a good solid cast and atmosphere,which James Horner's score helps immensely.
Another cracking seaside locale.
Who else is a fan of this?
One of the best schlockers from the '80's!

Well said and i couldn't agree more. Another shining and splattery example of low-budget brilliance.

Imo HFTD is also well paced and Horner's musical contribution is indeed worthy of note.
Rob Bottin's FX work is still quite good now especially the actual gore. The man delivered some impressive stuff here considering the limited monetary resources at his disposal. The legendary Bottin also maintained the same standard of excellence in the earlier Piranha.

The film's original French cinema poster artwork also get's a thumbs up from yours truly and HFTD sorely needs and deserves a U.K. DVD and BR release. I've got my doubts on this ever happening sometime soon though and even if it does, i think it's safe to say the British edition would be inferior to the new U.S. equivalent.