Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   SUPERHERO MOVIES? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/10007-superhero-movies.html)

Dave Boy 21st July 2019 12:01 PM

I think the only problem comic book fans will have with Fantastic Four could be with the casting.
I think Marvel could deviate from the comics and make the team more diverse and that will cause backlash.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th November 2019 01:17 PM

I see the stars of the film Justice League are asking for the original Zack Snyder version to be released...the version before Joss Whedon got his mitts all over it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-50456802

SymbioticFunction 18th November 2019 02:40 PM

I'd like to see a Zack Snyder cut of Justice League. But unfortunately I can't see WB being particularly enthusiastic about pouring money into it (the planned cgi work wasn't finished).

SymbioticFunction 21st May 2020 08:44 AM

The Snyder version of Justice League will be airing on America's HBO in 2021, apparently in mini-series format. It's having twenty million dollars being spent on the necessary cgi. Supposedly this cut will be close to four hours long. According to Zack Snyder, we only saw around 25% of his film. Hopefully a blu-ray will also be coming out as I would be very interested to compare it to the studio mandated theatrical cut (which supposedly even Whedon was not happy with).

Susan Foreman 12th January 2021 07:53 AM

Deadpool 3 will reportedly be set in MCU and have R-rating / C-Net

"The Marvel Cinematic Universe won't tone down the Merc with a Mouth, it seems. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige confirmed that Deadpool 3 will place Ryan Reynolds' sweary superhero in the MCU and have an R-rating, Collider reported on Monday.

The movie won't start shooting until 2022, Feige noted, so you won't be seeing MCU Deadpool for a while yet. There'll be a steady stream of Marvel shows and movies to keep you going, with WandaVision kicking off on Disney Plus this Friday.

Reynolds' first two Deadpool adventures came out when 20th Century Fox controlled Marvel's X-Men characters, but Disney acquired the media company (and the rights to those characters) in 2019. Last year, the actor said it was "a win for everyone involved."

It's unclear how much the third Deadpool will link the previous movies -- they were set in a separate continuity, but we might see some reality warping adventures in the upcoming Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

Marvel Studios didn't immediately respond to a request for comment."

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2023 06:58 PM

I wonder if the superhero hold over cinema is slowly coming to an end after a tremendous run with both the new Ant-Man and Shazam films severely under performing at the world wide box office.

Nordicdusk 2nd April 2023 07:05 PM

It has been pretty overkill with new superheros films coming out what feels like every few months so it was only a matter of time before it's started to fade.

trebor8273 2nd April 2023 07:10 PM

Think it's the begining of the end people are just sick of them by now that includes comic book fans.

Demdike@Cult Labs 2nd April 2023 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 683940)
It has been pretty overkill with new superheros films coming out what feels like every few months so it was only a matter of time before it's started to fade.

For me they should have left it, Marvel anyway, at the end of Avengers Endgame.

Doctor Strange and a couple of Spider-Man films aside most haven't hit the heights of what came before.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th May 2023 05:52 PM

I see the new Guardians of the Galaxy has opened in America a good $32m less than the second film.