Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   SUPERHERO MOVIES? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/10007-superhero-movies.html)

ScottishMermaid 24th November 2012 01:51 PM

SUPERHERO MOVIES?

Is there already a superhero forum? I cannot find one! Could you guys create one? LOL.

If not, then I shall use this thread as one...so, who is everyone's favourite superhero and why? Mine is Superman...cannot wait to see Man Of Steel next year!

I tend to actually prefer Clark Kent to Superman as I love handsome geeks, and he is just my type of guy, lol.
:)

darthelvis 24th November 2012 05:33 PM

Big fan of Superhero movies even the bad one's. I grew up reading comics especially X-men and Batman. Think Batman is my favourite character or Gambit from X-men.

Where in Aberdeenshire do you stay Mermaid? I'm from Aberdeen but live in Portlethen.

Pete 24th November 2012 05:36 PM

I prefer PUMAMAN over any of the BATMAN and SUPERMAN films. There I said it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th November 2012 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 295253)
I prefer PUMAMAN over any of the BATMAN and SUPERMAN films. There I said it.

Whats with the Death Star on the film poster?

ScottishMermaid 24th November 2012 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=Where in Aberdeenshire do you stay Mermaid? I'm from Aberdeen but live in Portlethen.[/QUOTE]

From Fraserburgh, for my sins! hahaha! :)

Pete 24th November 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 295255)
Whats with the Death Star on the film poster?

Buggered if I know! :noidea:

keirarts 24th November 2012 06:26 PM

I'm a huge marvel comics fan and I love the marvel comics films so far, especially the AVENGERS!

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 10:07 AM

Eeeehhhh......
Marvel Comic < DC Comics < Marvel Movie Universe (Iron Man - Avengers) < Zenith

Gojirosan 9th December 2012 10:15 AM

Puma Man is wonderful.

I have a troubled relationship with superhero flicks.

Some are undeniably great fun, but the over-saturation of them recently has driven me mad.

Also I see people talking about things like The Dark Knight and Avengers Assemble as if they are Welles or Kurosawa films rather than the expensive B film pulp they actually are. This makes me angry to be honest.

And they are so repetitive - especially the Marvel Studios things - how may times can you see cars flying through the air before you get tired? I was bored of it after the second time.

There is very little interesting action cinema being made today, and I blame the superhero trend.

I have enjoyed and rated Kick Ass and thought the first X Men film was OK and The Dark Knight was pretty well done, but really it's a pretty unrewarding subgenre.

Also, after what they did to my belovéd John Constantine is that piss awful Keanu Reeves disaster, there will always be resentment! :tongue1:

Incidentally my favourite Marvel Studios film so far has been Man Thing. That probably tells you all you need to know about where I am coming from! :lol:

gag 9th December 2012 10:18 AM

Superman and Spider-Man and that's it have no interest in any other heroes
Don't appeal to me and as for superman first 3 are as classic as you can get and don't think new superman will appeal to me, like new Spider-Man film it was ok but once you seen the originals etc the remake with different person playing the character just doesn't seem the same, why do a remake of a film that isn't that old in the first place, unless its a mainstream remake of a lesser unheard film because then it might get the original more noticeable,