Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   SUPERHERO MOVIES? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/10007-superhero-movies.html)

ScottishMermaid 24th November 2012 01:51 PM

SUPERHERO MOVIES?

Is there already a superhero forum? I cannot find one! Could you guys create one? LOL.

If not, then I shall use this thread as one...so, who is everyone's favourite superhero and why? Mine is Superman...cannot wait to see Man Of Steel next year!

I tend to actually prefer Clark Kent to Superman as I love handsome geeks, and he is just my type of guy, lol.
:)

darthelvis 24th November 2012 05:33 PM

Big fan of Superhero movies even the bad one's. I grew up reading comics especially X-men and Batman. Think Batman is my favourite character or Gambit from X-men.

Where in Aberdeenshire do you stay Mermaid? I'm from Aberdeen but live in Portlethen.

Pete 24th November 2012 05:36 PM

I prefer PUMAMAN over any of the BATMAN and SUPERMAN films. There I said it.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th November 2012 05:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 295253)
I prefer PUMAMAN over any of the BATMAN and SUPERMAN films. There I said it.

Whats with the Death Star on the film poster?

ScottishMermaid 24th November 2012 05:47 PM

[QUOTE=Where in Aberdeenshire do you stay Mermaid? I'm from Aberdeen but live in Portlethen.[/QUOTE]

From Fraserburgh, for my sins! hahaha! :)

Pete 24th November 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 295255)
Whats with the Death Star on the film poster?

Buggered if I know! :noidea:

keirarts 24th November 2012 06:26 PM

I'm a huge marvel comics fan and I love the marvel comics films so far, especially the AVENGERS!

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 10:07 AM

Eeeehhhh......
Marvel Comic < DC Comics < Marvel Movie Universe (Iron Man - Avengers) < Zenith

Gojirosan 9th December 2012 10:15 AM

Puma Man is wonderful.

I have a troubled relationship with superhero flicks.

Some are undeniably great fun, but the over-saturation of them recently has driven me mad.

Also I see people talking about things like The Dark Knight and Avengers Assemble as if they are Welles or Kurosawa films rather than the expensive B film pulp they actually are. This makes me angry to be honest.

And they are so repetitive - especially the Marvel Studios things - how may times can you see cars flying through the air before you get tired? I was bored of it after the second time.

There is very little interesting action cinema being made today, and I blame the superhero trend.

I have enjoyed and rated Kick Ass and thought the first X Men film was OK and The Dark Knight was pretty well done, but really it's a pretty unrewarding subgenre.

Also, after what they did to my belovéd John Constantine is that piss awful Keanu Reeves disaster, there will always be resentment! :tongue1:

Incidentally my favourite Marvel Studios film so far has been Man Thing. That probably tells you all you need to know about where I am coming from! :lol:

gag 9th December 2012 10:18 AM

Superman and Spider-Man and that's it have no interest in any other heroes
Don't appeal to me and as for superman first 3 are as classic as you can get and don't think new superman will appeal to me, like new Spider-Man film it was ok but once you seen the originals etc the remake with different person playing the character just doesn't seem the same, why do a remake of a film that isn't that old in the first place, unless its a mainstream remake of a lesser unheard film because then it might get the original more noticeable,

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 10:26 AM

The original Spider Man Trilogy is awful!

Gojirosan 9th December 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300263)

The Raimi ones? I liked them, though remember the third one being much less then the first two, whilst not being as bed as everyone seemed to think!

I liked the atmosphere of them - light and fluffy with moments of darkness. Reminded me of the tone of the comics (late 70s/early 80s, no idea what the Spiderman comics are like before or since)

Also: hot women.

Rik 9th December 2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300263)

Seriously? I think they're great films, as is the new one

keirarts 9th December 2012 01:49 PM

I liked SUPER and KICK ASS, two nice takes on the superhero genre. I would also like to see someone go back and have another go at making a great SHADOW film as the alec baldwin one was a little dissapointing.

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 300333)
I liked SUPER and KICK ASS, two nice takes on the superhero genre. I would also like to see someone go back and have another go at making a great SHADOW film as the alec baldwin one was a little dissapointing.

What about the Phantom :lol:

Attachment 93407

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 02:00 PM

I dont like the cut and paste damsel in distress situations in the Raimi movies, Mary Jane did **** all in those movies and I think S2 is one of the most over rated movied of the last 10 years.

Rik 9th December 2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300338)
I dont like the cut and paste damsel in distress situations in the Raimi movies, Mary Jane did **** all in those movies and I think S2 is one of the most over rated movied of the last 10 years.

cough cough Dredd cough cough :lol:

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 300341)

Oh your in trouble now young man :lol:

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 300341)

I will skin you, dress in it to your mothers birthday and rub your testicles up and down her leg while whistling Bohemian Rapsidy!

Rik 9th December 2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300343)
I will skin you, dress in it to your mothers birthday and rub your testicles up and down her leg while whistling Bohemian Rapsidy!

Best thing about it is I haven't even seen Dredd yet, I did wanna take my eldest son to watch it until it was announced as an 18 :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 02:19 PM

Didn't stop me going 3 times!

Rik 9th December 2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300346)

TBH I just never got around to going, same with Total Recall

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300346)

I think you were the only one to go judging from its box office receipts.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 300337)
What about the Phantom :lol:

Attachment 93407

I liked The Phantom.

Very entertaining and not reliant on CGI.

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300348)
I think you were the only one to go judging from its box office receipts.

'Blubber'

Rik 9th December 2012 02:40 PM

Superman III is on Channel 5 in the UK right now, love Richard Pryor in this and the end always used to scare me as a kid!

http://dirtyhorror.com/wp-content/up...102306_am1.png

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 300351)
'Blubber'

Is that to indicate a sad emotion or something. You could have used this :cry:

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300349)
I liked The Phantom.

Very entertaining and not reliant on CGI.

Same reason i love the 70s Hulk films then.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 300355)
Same reason i love the 70s Hulk films then.

I didn't know there were any. :o

Hawkmonger 9th December 2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300354)
Is that to indicate a sad emotion or something. You could have used this :cry:

I would but Im posring this on my phone.

Rik 9th December 2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300356)

I only thought there were TV movies in the 80's but, apparently not

Two episodes of the series appeared first as stand-alone movies, but were later re-edited into one-hour length (two-parters) for syndication. They were produced as pilots before the series officially began in 1978:

The Incredible Hulk (1977) (distributed in theaters in some countries)
Return of the Incredible Hulk (1977) (also shown overseas as a feature film) – It was retitled Death in the Family for syndication

Six years after the cancellation of the television series in 1982, three television movies were produced with Bixby and Ferrigno reprising their roles. All of these aired on NBC:

The Incredible Hulk Returns (1988) – This marked the first time that another Marvel Universe character appeared in the milieu of the TV series. David Banner meets a former student (played by Steve Levitt), who has a magical hammer that summons Thor (played by Eric Allan Kramer), a Norse god who is prevented from entering Valhalla. It was set up as a back-door pilot for a live-action television series starring Thor. This project marked Jack Colvin's reappearance (and final appearance) as McGee.

The Trial of the Incredible Hulk (1989) – David Banner meets a blind lawyer named Matt Murdock and his masked alter ego, Daredevil. The Incredible Hulk and the Daredevil battle Wilson Fisk (Kingpin of Crime. Daredevil was portrayed by Rex Smith, while John Rhys-Davies portrayed Fisk. This was also set up as back-door pilot for a live-action television series featuring Daredevil. Stan Lee has a cameo appearance as one of the jury members overlooking Banner's trial.

The Death of the Incredible Hulk (1990) – David Banner falls in love with an Eastern European spy (played by Elizabeth Gracen) and saves two kidnapped scientists. The film ends with the Hulk taking a fatal fall from an airplane, reverting to human form just before he dies.

Despite the apparent death of the Hulk in the 1990 film, more Incredible Hulk television movies were planned, including a proposed Revenge of the Incredible Hulk here the Hulk would actually be able to talk. However, all such projects were canceled when Bill Bixby died of cancer in November 1993.

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 02:53 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300356)

Attachment 93409

Attachment 93410

Yeah one of them was with Thor and then one with Daredevil

Think they were made for TV or maybe extended episodes but i have both of them in a 2 disk dvd set.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 02:59 PM

Thanks Rik and Nordic.

I have the complete Incredible Hulk box set, I've only watched a couple of discs as of yet. I preordered from Play and got it for £19.99 which was an absolute steal.

Oh and the box says in a weedy voice "Don't make me angry"

gag 9th December 2012 03:31 PM

Hulk the early 2000 film look totally pathetic and stupid and didn't hear anything good about so didnt watch it, im sure I read that is was that bad and badly panned ang lee try to distance himself from it because he was embarressed, even tho the one 4 5 yrs later was a improvement again it really just didn't appeal to me so never seen it,

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 300369)
Hulk the early 2000 film look totally pathetic and stupid and didn't hear anything good about so didnt watch it, im sure I read that is was that bad and badly panned ang lee try to distance himself from it because he was embarressed, even tho the one 4 5 yrs later was a improvement again it really just didn't appeal to me so never seen it,

The first modern Hulk was not good i only managed half of it and never watched the rest. The Ed Norton one was a massive improvement nothing special but a good brain turned off sort of film.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 04:02 PM

Once Lee's film got going it was pretty enjoyable. Shame you had to suffer the first hour though.

Nordicdusk 9th December 2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300378)
Once Lee's film got going it was pretty enjoyable. Shame you had to suffer the first hour though.

So i missed out on an entertaining film due to my lack of patience :doh:

keirarts 9th December 2012 05:18 PM

Not really, I thought lee's Hulk was almost typically overblown overratted nafness just like every ang lee film. Don't rate him as a director at all.

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th December 2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 300388)
So i missed out on an entertaining film due to my lack of patience :doh:

There was some decent rampaging and tank and plane smashing, but the first hour was soooo dull.

pedromonkey 9th December 2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 300411)
There was some decent rampaging and tank and plane smashing, but the first hour was soooo dull.

he was also luminous green and was far too big. It's a rubbish film and the constant split screening was very annoying. Eric Bana was good though as was Sam Eliot and Jennifer Connolly.