Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The James Bond Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1021-james-bond-thread.html)

Criterion7 2nd June 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 247146)
There was also his agent, who advised him against doing more, as Bond wouldn't last. Shows what he knew!

Hopefully he fired that agent after beating the hell outta him.

Daemonia 2nd June 2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 246969)
I almost forgot my only gripe with OHMSS though, even though it is rather a large plot hole.

Having already been face to face in You Only Live Twice, you would think Blofeld might recognise Bond from the first meeting at the alpine resort.

Yeah, but it was Connery he met in YOLT, when he met Lazenby he obviously didn't recognise him. :lol:

Prince_Vajda 2nd June 2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 247146)
There was also his agent, who advised him against doing more, as Bond wouldn't last. Shows what he knew!

Can anybody tell me the current number of the bank account of his agent back then?

The fact that he prevented more Bond films with Lazenby is worth transfering a substantial sum. :smokin:

Greetings!

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th June 2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 247243)
The fact that he prevented more Bond films with Lazenby is worth transfering a substantial sum. :smokin:

How dare you! :lol:

The 4th Fella 11th June 2012 10:05 PM

Roger Moore's stuntman is back...

A View To A Kill

Well... there's one Bond film that hasn't improved since my last viewing. Chris Walken can do loopy like Terry-Thomas can play a cad. The rest of the film however is lacking energy, with the increasingly obvious use of a stuntman for Moore is now too much to overlook.

But beneath all the mould, I bet there's probably a decent Bond waiting to claw it's way out. With a bit of recasting, AVTAK would be on it's way to being a decent Bond. The thought of Dalton going up against Walken certainly intriques me.

And if they had to cast one of Charlie's Angels, why couldn't it have been Jaclyn Smith instead? She's by far, more attractive than Roberts imo.

2012 Bond Ranking
1. You Only Live Twice
2. From Russia With Love
3. Dr No
4. On Her Majesty's Secret Service
5. For Your Eyes Only
6. Thunderball
7. The Spy Who Loved Me
8. Live And Let Die
9. Octopussy
10. Goldfinger
11. Diamonds Are Forever
12. The Man With The Golden Gun
13. Moonraker
14. A View To A Kill

Next Up: The Living Daylights

Susan Foreman 25th July 2012 01:18 PM

According to the Melon Farmers site, 'Diamonds Are Forever' has been re-classified from a PG to a 12 for the upcoming 50th anniversary Blu-Ray box set

Latest UK Cuts: BBFC cuts and bans

From what I can gather, this new rating is wholly and soully for the film - there are no new extra features which has caused the BBFC to up the limit

Title « British Board of Film Classification

Daemonia 25th July 2012 02:08 PM

That's curious. I wonder if some footage has been restored or whether it relates to one of the feature commentaries. Strange.

Susan Foreman 31st July 2012 07:10 PM

The new trailer for 'Skyfall':

NEW SKYFALL INTERNATIONAL TRAILER - YouTube

To me, it's very Jason Bourne-esque

Slippery Jack 31st July 2012 07:15 PM

It can't be any more Bourne than the last one (which I liked) ! Looks pretty cool to me :thumb: Spotted some of the Pinewood sets I managed to sneak a peak at earlier in the year :shocked: . . .

Criterion7 31st July 2012 08:10 PM

I actually liked this trailer. Hated the last film, it has the distinction of being the only Bond I can't get through in one sitting.