Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree550Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th June 2009, 06:26 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Mine is From Russia With Love up until the train fight. The last part of the film (the motorboat chase) is badly out of place for me. Dr No would be my next favourite Connery.

Barry's You Only Live Twice score is my 2nd favourite after OHMSS.
Old 21st June 2009, 10:42 PM
Cultist

The print quality of Goldfinger today was just like From Russia With Love last Sunday, superb with no grain etc. Shame there were people talking during parts of the film (even though I'd seen the film before it was annoying when I heard someone say "Shocking" just before Bond said it at the end of the pre-credits sequence . Hope it dosen't happen next Sunday when On Her Majesty's Secret Service is shown (George Lazenby as Bond says "This never happened to the other fella").
Old 22nd June 2009, 10:53 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I went to see Goldfinger as well yesterday and it looked amazing and even though I'd only watched it again on DVD a few months ago still entertained - it oozes confidence in its ability to entertain.

No talking in my screening apart from a girl behind me who relished in picking out her popcorn kernel by kernel and giving them long and noisy attention with her mouth open throughout. "The name's 'Creeeeeckle...crunch!"

Old 22nd June 2009, 11:07 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

"Goldfinger, do you expect me to talk?"
"No Mr Bond. I expect you to ..... MUNCH!!"
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:08 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Wow - were you there?

Such a great line.
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:15 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I love the Sunday morning showings at my local cinema. If half a dozen turn up it's a crowd.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 22nd June 2009, 12:17 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Probably about 20-30 at mine. It's great as it's nice and and cool - got me out of the heat yesterday (where I got nicely burnt and bitten!)
Old 22nd June 2009, 11:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Almost full house at the Bristol Watershed showing of Goldfinger. I have been surprised by the really good attendance. I saw Diamonds are Forever, You only live twice and Thunderball in Edinburgh at the beginning of May with an audience I could count on my fingers. Looking forward to OHMSS, which is my favourite Bond film. Just finished the book yesterday.
Old 23rd June 2009, 11:04 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I love the books - ended up picking up yet more editions on Sunday of the ones I already own just so I could have the different classic covers. you a fan of the books SShaw?
Old 23rd June 2009, 05:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm a huge fan of the books. I read all the Fleming books when I was a teenager (far too long ago), but started rereading them at the beginning of last year (alternating them with the Modesty Blaise books) and am just coming to the end of the series - only Man with the Golden Gun left to read

I'm constantly surprised by how close the early films are to the books.

Scott

Like this? Share it using the links below!