Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   What’s Your Favourite ‘James Bond’ Movie? – The Poll - Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/10659-what%E2%80%99s-your-favourite-%E2%80%98james-bond%E2%80%99-movie-%E2%80%93-poll-discussion-thread.html)

jiraffejustin 27th March 2013 04:36 PM

I watched GoldenEye a couple nights ago, and I think I'll be avoiding Brosnan Bonds until I finish up the rest of them. It's not really his fault, but the writers of the film. I don't know if the rest of his Bond movies have the same writers or not, but I'm pretty sure GoldenEye is his most well thought of. The dialogue was pretty terrible. I know with Bond you are supposed to suspend disbelief, but the very first scene has him free-falling into a plane that was also free-falling, then piloting it away from the certain doom of an inevitable crash. I wasn't feeling that.

Prince_Vajda 27th March 2013 04:40 PM

As for a deadline: end of April, end of May...who cares? Feel free to pick one. Maybe there will be more interested people in a month's time, but I doubt it.

Greetings.

jiraffejustin 27th March 2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 330894)
As for a deadline: end of April, end of May...who cares? Feel free to pick one. Maybe there will be more interested people in a month's time, but I doubt it.

Greetings.

Just a suggestion: Put the voting on hiatus. Use this thread to discuss Bond goodness, finish up watching the rest of the Bonds, pimp the hell out of this thread (put in your sig, drop *casual* references to it in other parts of the forum where it can be crowbarred in, etc.) and hopefully in a months time or so, we can get this running smoother. I'd love to help out if I can. Or maybe we could even expand this from simply Bond to an overall action or spy vote. I don't know, just anything to pique interest.

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th March 2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiraffejustin (Post 330893)
I watched GoldenEye a couple nights ago, and I think I'll be avoiding Brosnan Bonds until I finish up the rest of them. It's not really his fault, but the writers of the film. I don't know if the rest of his Bond movies have the same writers or not, but I'm pretty sure GoldenEye is his most well thought of. The dialogue was pretty terrible. I know with Bond you are supposed to suspend disbelief, but the very first scene has him free-falling into a plane that was also free-falling, then piloting it away from the certain doom of an inevitable crash. I wasn't feeling that.

Another real life stunt.

Its shown on the 2 disc edition how they did it.

jiraffejustin 28th March 2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 331025)
Another real life stunt.

Its shown on the 2 disc edition how they did it.

So the guy actually fell faster than the plane to catch it, then flew it up? My problem with it wasn't how it looked, just that it seemed soooo improbable that I was taken out of it.

And the dialogue was still terrible. :tongue1:

Prince_Vajda 1st April 2013 08:23 PM

No poll anymore. Maybe we should merge the Bond threads.

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

Hawkmonger 1st April 2013 09:55 PM

Has to be said, but I consider Skyfall to be the pinicle of Bond that has to be tough to surpass.

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st April 2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 332132)
No poll anymore. Maybe we should merge the Bond threads.

No, do the poll with the votes you have.

Remember this is a cult films forum, Bond is mainstream. Jiraffe Justin only had four more entrants than you say you have and that was for 80's horror.

It was still entertaining though and the results interesting.

Don't be so defeatist Prince. :)

Bringer Of Funerals 2nd April 2013 07:48 PM

I like Licence To Kill

Prince_Vajda 2nd April 2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 332450)
I like Licence To Kill

One of the best Bond flicks, I agree.