Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th May 2013, 05:18 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Is Olympus Has Fallen any good Pedro?

Its one i fancy buying as is the forthcoming White House Down.
Personally I loved it, it's exactly like the mid to late 90s action flicks that we no longer see like Airforce One, Executive Decision and Under Siege. Gerard Butler is a complete badass as the hero and throws one liners like there's no tomorrow. It's violent, Foul mouthed and incredibly dumb, i miss films like this. The CG is piss poor though and so obvious and you'll be face palming alot but that's all part of this movie's charm. I can take Aaron Eckhart as a President but Jamie Fox as the president? I don't think so. White House down will have the money and the A-listers like Fox and Channing Tatum but for $80mil, Olympus Has Fallen proves you don't need a major studio to make an R-Rated action flick work...
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 05:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Personally I loved it, it's exactly like the mid to late 90s action flicks that we no longer see like Airforce One, Executive Decision and Under Siege. Gerard Butler is a complete badass as the hero and throws one liners like there's no tomorrow. It's violent, Foul mouthed and incredibly dumb, i miss films like this. The CG is piss poor though and so obvious and you'll be face palming alot but that's all part of this movie's charm. I can take Aaron Eckhart as a President but Jamie Fox as the president? I don't think so. White House down will have the money and the A-listers like Fox and Channing Tatum but for $80mil, Olympus Has Fallen proves you don't need a major studio to make an R-Rated action flick work...
Sounds good.

Thanks Pedro, i look forward to it.
pedromonkey likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 10:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Was anyone else a fan of the Die Hard Trilogy Playstation game? I remember being stunned that thay managed to fit THREE WHOLE GAMES on one disc The Die Hard With a Vengeance driving game was especially good fun, and hilariously violent (using your windscreen wipers to wipe away the blood from mowed down pedestrians ). Enjoyable mock Bruce Willis / Sam Jackson voice work too . . .
Old 4th May 2013, 10:10 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Was anyone else a fan of the Die Hard Trilogy Playstation game? I remember being stunned that thay managed to fit THREE WHOLE GAMES on one disc The Die Hard With a Vengeance driving game was especially good fun, and hilariously violent (using your windscreen wipers to wipe away the blood from mowed down pedestrians ). Enjoyable mock Bruce Willis / Sam Jackson voice work too . . .
I loved the DH2 one. Got to the point where I pretty much knew where each baddie was coming out from so used to enjoy blasting my way through the whole lot!
Slippery Jack likes this.
Old 4th May 2013, 10:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Think I played the second one the least. I was never a fan of first person shooters. The first one was very samey, but highly addictive! I loved the mutterings of the hostages, and McClane going "sorry!" if you accidentally shot one of them dead . . .
Old 6th May 2013, 08:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Die Hard Arcade (Sega Saturn, Level 1, 1/15/08) - YouTube

I used to have this game on Sega Saturn. It wasn't very good.
Old 6th May 2013, 06:18 PM
Cultist in Training

Die Hard: Greatest Action Film Ever Made. I mean, it's practically a template. Like Halloween is the definitive slasher, Die Hard is the definitive action movie. Plus the guy working the reception looks like Huey Lewis.

Die Hard 2: Suffers from deja vu and an almost sadistic approach to the violence (Renny Harlin's Cliffhanger had this same problem), but action is spectacular and it's clearly cut from the same cloth as the original in that it feels like a Die Hard film. Major Grant classic supporting character.

Die Hard with a Vengeance: True, by staging the action city-wide it loses a little personality and the ending is awful, awful, awful, but this is big, big fun. Irons a great villain, chemistry between Willis and Jackson classic, and the first half crammed with fantastic challenges.

Die Hard 4.0: The biggest let-down of all time. John McClane becomes another invincible superhero, dialogue stinks, comic relief dismal, action perfunctory, dull to look at, boring villain, just grim moviemaking.

A Good Day to Die Hard: Well, after the fourth one, I was too wary to approach this at the time. I still am.
Old 6th May 2013, 08:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refused View Post
Die Hard Arcade (Sega Saturn, Level 1, 1/15/08) - YouTube

I used to have this game on Sega Saturn. It wasn't very good.
haha! Yeah, that looks crap I liked the bit where the guy in the blue tracksuit top (clearly NOT John McClane!) killed the woman with a broom - I remember that bit from the film . . .
Old 6th May 2013, 08:50 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupine View Post
Die Hard: Greatest Action Film Ever Made. I mean, it's practically a template. Like Halloween is the definitive slasher, Die Hard is the definitive action movie. Plus the guy working the reception looks like Huey Lewis.

Die Hard 2: Suffers from deja vu and an almost sadistic approach to the violence (Renny Harlin's Cliffhanger had this same problem), but action is spectacular and it's clearly cut from the same cloth as the original in that it feels like a Die Hard film. Major Grant classic supporting character.

Die Hard with a Vengeance: True, by staging the action city-wide it loses a little personality and the ending is awful, awful, awful, but this is big, big fun. Irons a great villain, chemistry between Willis and Jackson classic, and the first half crammed with fantastic challenges.

Die Hard 4.0: The biggest let-down of all time. John McClane becomes another invincible superhero, dialogue stinks, comic relief dismal, action perfunctory, dull to look at, boring villain, just grim moviemaking.

A Good Day to Die Hard: Well, after the fourth one, I was too wary to approach this at the time. I still am.
Agreed, agreed, agreed... trust me A good Day To Die Hard will make Die Hard 4.0 look like a masterpiece
Old 6th May 2013, 08:58 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocialNightmare View Post
Agreed, agreed, agreed... trust me A good Day To Die Hard will make Die Hard 4.0 look like a masterpiece
Ha ha, thanks for confirming my worst fears! They're making a sixth one too. All of a sudden I just thought of that bit from The Simpsons where they review Death Wish IX and you see a clip of Charles Bronson hooked up to life support in the hospital wishing he was dead.
SocialNightmare likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!