Old 4th June 2013, 08:26 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Bruce Lee

just joined. a big HK movie fan here.

thanks.
james
Old 13th June 2013, 05:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
You can't dispute Lee's historical importance where martial arts movies are concerned. After all, no 'Little Dragon' no international market for Kung Fu cinema and no trail blazed for others to follow. But imo Lee's output has dated badly and continues to do so. Personally, i prefer to return to the back catalogue of various other H.K. action stars nowadays.
Old 18th June 2013, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

I have the HKL 30th Commorative Edition box set they released yrs ago. I like Bruce Lee but i would have liked him to show that he can be beat up when not ready.

They made him look like a superhuman killing machine
Old 18th June 2013, 06:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I like Bruce Lee but i would have liked him to show that he can be beat up when not ready.

They made him look like a superhuman killing machine

The films reflect Lee at the point in his life where he was at his physical peak. It would have been interesting to see how the films and particularly the man himself would have developed over the years. GOD only gives us a small taster of how Bruce wanted his Martial art to develop (obviously movie JKD as opposed to the real thing).
Demoncrat likes this.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 19th June 2013, 05:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I have the HKL 30th Commorative Edition box set they released yrs ago. I like Bruce Lee but i would have liked him to show that he can be beat up when not ready.

They made him look like a superhuman killing machine.
I have that HKL box set too along with the seperate DVDs with Sepia-coloured covers released the same time. More for collectable purposes than anything else.

Imo Lee's fight choreography was good but had much of that 'stand there and do nothing while i hit you' flaw that Jean Claude Van Damme later adopted for his own style of action.
Old 19th June 2013, 05:42 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
The films reflect Lee at the point in his life where he was at his physical peak. It would have been interesting to see how the films and particularly the man himself would have developed over the years.
Indeed it would but apparently Lee found the prospect of ageing daunting when he was alive and i don't think he was too enamoured with the grim reality of his physique and martial arts skills suffering due to the onset of old age.
Old 23rd August 2013, 01:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

NEED HELP BRUCE?
Old 26th March 2014, 06:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

I watched YOUNG BRUCE LEE last night and while I found it good as a drama it could have been any Asain kid growing up.
Old 26th March 2014, 10:23 PM
Cultist

There will never be an equal to Bruce Lee , I highly recommend the book Fighting Spirit to any fan who hasnt read it.
Old 3rd October 2015, 07:55 PM
Cult Master

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!