Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Watchmen (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1114-watchmen.html)

Halloween_22 12th March 2009 03:46 PM

Watchmen

Apologies if theres another thread about this anywhere but I couldnt find one. Anyone seen 'Watchmen' yet? I've never got round to picking up the graphic novel though i've been meaning to for a few years now :blush: so I cant compare but I thought the film was excellent. Superb performances all round, some fantastic set pieces and special effects and very in depth and absorbing plot line. One of the best films ive been to see for ages, certainly a damn sight better than 'The Unborn' :D

NossB 12th March 2009 05:30 PM

I've seen it twice, as it gets better on repeat viewings.

There's glaring differences from the novel, such as the origins of some characters, the Minutemen are only really given a mention and the whole of Tales Of The Black Freighter being absent, but as a whole it's pretty close to the source material.

Also, although most hardcore fan boys will shit a brick over it, the endgame is far better in the movie than it was in the novel.

TALL DUDE 12th March 2009 06:48 PM

Its a toss up between this and surveilance after work tonight,although surveilance will probably win it,as it finishes tonight.
Isnt watchmen on for something like 166 minutes?

Slightly off topic,but anyone seen surveilance yet? Directed by david lynch's daughter,jennifer.

Halloween_22 12th March 2009 07:20 PM

Haven't seen Surveillance dude so I dont know how i compares but Watchmen really is worth checking out. It's long but it really dosen't affect it, I wasnt bored once throughout, it really is a superb film. Like I said i havent read the book so it really caught me off guard as to how violent it actually is, some parts are seriously brutal which was a pleasant surprise :D and Rorscharch is perhaps one of the greatest characters ever conceived ;)

mark meakin 13th March 2009 04:53 PM

Gerard Butler is voicing an animated version of Tales Of The Black Freighter.I've seen it on the BBFC recent submissions page:-
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1295071/

KPWNINJA 13th March 2009 06:57 PM

Planning to go and see Watchmen next week. :p Can't wait!!!
Halloween_22 you have to read the Graphic Novel mate. I don't think anything compares to it. :D

TALL DUDE 13th March 2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halloween_22 (Post 23474)
Haven't seen Surveillance dude so I dont know how i compares but Watchmen really is worth checking out. It's long but it really dosen't affect it, I wasnt bored once throughout, it really is a superb film. Like I said i havent read the book so it really caught me off guard as to how violent it actually is, some parts are seriously brutal which was a pleasant surprise :D and Rorscharch is perhaps one of the greatest characters ever conceived ;)

Havent read the book either,and after going to see surveilance last night(was ok,not as bad as i was lead to believe.)i've pencilled watchmen in for monday afternoon.
Marley and me with the kids tommorow.:(

Pete 14th March 2009 12:34 PM

Up until a few weeks ago i had never heard of Watchmen!. Shame on me eh:blush:.

KPWNINJA 14th March 2009 01:50 PM

Terrible loops... Just terrible! ;)

Here is a bit of unashamed self ego boosting! :p My girlfriend's uncle was the colourist for the Watchmen graphic novel. :D

Pete 16th March 2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KPWNINJA (Post 23620)
Terrible loops... Just terrible! ;)

Here is a bit of unashamed self ego boosting! :p My girlfriend's uncle was the colourist for the Watchmen graphic novel. :D

Well things like Watchmen dont interest me at all. And my dad has been on telly 3 times!:)