Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Chow Yun-Fat Poll (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/11355-chow-yun-fat-poll.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th September 2013 04:54 PM

Chow Yun-Fat Poll

Hi everyone,

So, Chow Yun-Fat, one of the masters of martial arts cinema is back and kicking ass in the new action film, The Assassins (On DVD and Blu-ray Monday). So, what better time to take a look at his huge list of films and celebrate the one and only Mr Fat.

How many films of his have you seen? Vote for your faves above and let us know why below...

keirarts 6th September 2013 05:10 PM

It's a tough one but I voted HARD BOILED as its the one I come back to most. THE KILLER would be a close second seeing as its basically a remake of Le Samourai.

wongfeihung62 6th September 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 364016)
It's a tough one but I voted HARD BOILED as its the one I come back to most. THE KILLER would be a close second seeing as its basically a remake of Le Samourai.

My thoughts exactly. I was lucky enough to be at the Scala when Eastern Heroes had him over for the festival.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th September 2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 364009)
How many films of his have you seen? Vote for your faves above and let us know why below...

Damn! i thought it was a multiple vote poll.

No matter The Children of Huang Shi is a great film anyway.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 6th September 2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 364021)
Damn! i thought it was a multiple vote poll.

No matter The Children of Huang Shi is a great film anyway.

It was meant to be Dem, but I forgot to click the button before I posted the poll! Doh! :doh:

Edgeworth 6th September 2013 08:47 PM

Watched Replacement Killers this morning on Netflix, excellent! Voted for Hard Boiled. :thumb:

keirarts 6th September 2013 11:04 PM

The final segment of better tommorrow 2 is like hard boiled condensed into 30 minites of pure slaughter. Worthy of a mention

bdc 7th September 2013 08:33 AM

I find it surprising there's so little choice,Fat made a lot of films.

My favourite period will always be when he was in his prime and making films in HK though.

He made lots of comedies and dramas as well.

A good balance of action and comedy can be found in Tiger on Beat.

For romance check out The Autumn's Tale.

For drama you can't go wrong with something like All About Ah Long.

For crazy comedy try The Greatest Lover.

Action is probably what many fans remember him for and I was also surprised (back in the day) when Fat mentioned he liked doing comedy/romance/drama more.

A very charismatic actor imho,wish he lost the facial hair he sports nowadays though. ;)

Hugh 16th September 2013 02:54 PM

Seen quite a few and I'm surprised at two that were not on your list as they'd be top 3 for me.

Full Contact
God of Gamblers

Was also at the Scala event and I fondly remember the roar from the crowd as Chow Yun Fat reached for the case of cash at the end of Full Contact.

Voted for The Killer though. IMO not just the greatest CYF film, but the best action film ever.

hands of death 36 5th October 2013 03:41 AM

I have only seen a couple of his movie maybe about 5-6 of his movies but I will say I think its the movie the killers not shore but the gun fight seen at the end of the movie in the church is pure classic it don't get much better then that one of my fav ending in a action movie pure classic action gunplay at the end:pop2: