Discuss Indy here!
Old 10th March 2014, 07:31 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
Discuss Indy here!
You don't go in for big introductions to your threads do you?
Rik and Gothmogxx like this.
Old 10th March 2014, 07:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist

TBH I actually like all four of them. Granted Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is vastly inferior to the first three, but even that one had its merits. The fridge scene didn't even bother me as he has survived ridiculous situations like that before. Though I like to pretend Shia Labeuff doesn't exist.

So much has been said about the first three that I have little to add. Just... Go and see them. Oh and as a horror fan, Temple of Doom definitely has for me one of my top ten kills in movie history... All the heartless people in the world know what i'm talking about
Old 10th March 2014, 07:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
You don't go in for big introductions to your threads do you?
Not really haha! Just quick and to the point so I can get to post my own thoughts on whatever topic the thread regards
Old 10th March 2014, 07:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothmogxx View Post
I like to pretend Shia Labeuff doesn't exist.
Old 26th October 2014, 02:57 AM
Cult Rookie

How surreal, I was just about to post an Indy thread when I saw this. It's one of my all-time favorite series and I love all the films very much in their own way, even the much-maligned fourth chapter. My ranking for the series is probably quite untraditional and controversial, but it goes:

Temple Of Doom
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull
The Last Crusade

I think in a lot of ways Raiders is truly the best one, though I find Temple Of Doom to be the most entertaining. I actually go back and forth on Last Crusade and Crystal Skull. I like The Last Crusade but it tends to be my least favorite due to being so deriative of the original, though it's still a tremendous film. Temple Of Doom I never got the hate for. I love how much more dark and macabre it is compared to the rest and how it's almost like a Horror movie at times.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th October 2014, 03:49 AM
Cult Addict

My order for the films is in the original order they were released,Raiders favourite,Temple next and so on.
I too really like Temple it's a real throwback to old adventure films, and is different to the original, but still really entertaining, love the rope bridge scene too as well as the horror elements.

I also enjoy the others but like you say i've always thought Crusade too like the original and the old knight bloke has always annoyed me for some reason.

Same with Star wars and Return of the Jedi. Let's build another Death star,didn't work first time so why build another the same.

This series and Star wars are the two series of films that i've always watched every film at the cinema on original release, the first films i was under 10 for both so i'm always gonna love 'em.
Shadow likes this.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 26th October 2014, 10:03 PM
Cult Rookie

I never cared for the Knight in Last Crusade, either. Fans complain about the raft scene in TOD and the fridge in KOTCS, but give a pass to a centuries-old Grail Knight guarding the Grail in a cavern?
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 26th October 2014, 10:45 PM
Cult Addict

It's no Time Team.
Old 26th October 2014, 11:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of those films that will never be bettered. It's had so many imitators from Romancing the Stone and King Solomon's Mines to Italian rip offs such as Jungle Raiders and Ark of the Sun God and none have come even slightly close to replicating that film's classic greatness.

Somehow director Steven Spielberg and writers Lucas, Kasdan and Kaufman struck gold with exciting action and a witty script that both captured the imagination and filled the multiplexes. Like Star Wars and James Bond the film was surely a right time, right place phenomenon which has proved extremely tough to replicate even by it's own creators.

Raiders was the first video tape i ever owned, paying £25 for a Betamax copy. Money well spent as it's a film i've watched throughout my life and will always continue to do.

Like this? Share it using the links below!