Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2015, 04:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Albeit not a natural disaster movie, I always really liked Rollercoaster (1977) - still do, I love a disaster movie on a Sunday afternoon (along with a few episodes of Columbo).

The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, A Night to Remember, Airport and Airport 1975.
Old 30th May 2015, 04:40 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Albeit not a natural disaster movie, I always really liked Rollercoaster (1977) - still do, I love a disaster movie on a Sunday afternoon (along with a few episodes of Columbo).

The Towering Inferno, The Poseidon Adventure, A Night to Remember, Airport and Airport 1975.

That's so weird. I was just thinking of mentioning Rollercoaster, and debating wether anyone else would consider it a disaster movie.
SharonLynette likes this.
Old 30th May 2015, 05:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
That's so weird. I was just thinking of mentioning Rollercoaster, and debating wether anyone else would consider it a disaster movie.
I think it was definitely in that era, it was just slightly different, but then if you have the Airport series which I would definitely consider disaster than Rollercoaster would fit, plus it is such a top film.
Old 31st May 2015, 08:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Yeah, I saw Rollercoaster for the first time last year, really liked it.
Old 31st May 2015, 02:55 PM
Cult Master

I just got out of the cinema after seeing San Andreas it was ok exactly what I expected the acting was good some of the cgi was very questionable very very heavy on cheesey lines very very cheesey. Only fans of disaster movies will watch this so they know what they are In for. Not the worst way to spend two hours on a Sunday morning. We had a 2 for 1 voucher we got in the post for being regulars at the cinema so was a good time to use it.

6/10
PaulD likes this.
Old 31st May 2015, 04:47 PM
Cultist in Training

Might as well jump right into the fire or water...first real post. Towering Inferno reigns supreme with me, right at the very top. Then: The Poseidon Adventure, Airport '77, Meteor, Earthquake. Fun genre, also some cool Irwin Allen TV movies many now out from Warner's archive.
PaulD and Dave Boy like this.
Old 5th March 2016, 08:11 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just found out that Universal in the US re-released Earthquake on blu-ray with the original poster artwork. So much better than the first photoshopped cover. I think a purchase is needed!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457169067.121543.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1457169081.933458.jpg
Nordicdusk and Dave Boy like this.
Old 5th March 2016, 12:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Top of the disaster movies for me. The Towering Inferno. I saw this at the cinema on release. I remember waiting in line outside the cinema and the quad poster was on the wall. This also remains one of my favorite movie posters of all time. What a poster. It says everything about the film and the artwork is awesome. I still have the movie collectors book from the cinema. There was an intermission when Paul Newman is about to descend the blown up staircase.
The R1 Collectors Edition DVD is great and includes repro lobby cards and many extras. The UK blu ray looks great.

Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!