Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Any Obscure Action Movies Set at Christmas? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/14206-any-obscure-action-movies-set-christmas.html)

Anth 7th December 2021 09:08 PM

Any Obscure Action Movies Set at Christmas?

By Obscure I don't mean the likes of Cobra or Rocky IV.

I was thinking is there any Direct to Video action movies set at Christmas like Pepin/Merhis Riot, or any 60s/70s Italian Polizia or Giallos set at Christmas like Argento's Deep Red?

After Black Christmas in the 70s being so popular you would think someone in Italy may have tried to copy its setting.

I just fancy watching a christmas based action movie and don't really want to watch Lethal Weapon or Die Hard again at the moment.

Justin101 7th December 2021 09:31 PM

You could try ‘Game Over’ aka Dial Code Santa Claus.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2021 10:08 PM

It's that long since i saw a DTV action film i can't remember.

Reindeer Games is a good movie if you haven't seen it Anth.

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th December 2021 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An actiony horror i quite like is P2. A cat and mouse thriller set in a parking garage on Christmas Eve.

MrBarlow 8th December 2021 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 664265)
An actiony horror i quite like is P2. A cat and mouse thriller set in a parking garage on Christmas Eve.

Is it any good? Seen it on Amazon prime but one of those films that not sure if it will peak my interest or not

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2021 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 664270)
Is it any good? Seen it on Amazon prime but one of those films that not sure if it will peak my interest or not

I like it. I've had the US dvd ever since it first came out.

MrBarlow 8th December 2021 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 664272)
I like it. I've had the US dvd ever since it first came out.

If you recommend it, I'll check it out :thankingyou: The other one that's on my list to watch is The Children

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 664278)
If you recommend it, I'll check it out :thankingyou: The other one that's on my list to watch is The Children

That's also very good. Quite violent in places. It's more set around New Years Eve than actual Christmas

MrBarlow 8th December 2021 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 664280)
That's also very good. Quite violent in places. It's more set around New Years Eve than actual Christmas

Is it? I can wait to new year to watch it along with New Year Evil and Assault on Precinct 13 remake

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th December 2021 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 664281)
Is it? I can wait to new year to watch it along with New Year Evil and Assault on Precinct 13 remake

Yeah, it's about a gathering for new year at a country house.

I'll be watching Bloody New Year and New Year's Evil then too. Neither of which i've seen before.