Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree36Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #411  
Old 28th May 2011, 11:00 PM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I recently picked up the HKL release of Seoul Raiders and I have a question for anyone here who may already own a copy. I'm used to HKL DVDs having sleeves with information printed onto both sides so that when the clear cases are opened you can read certain information, such as chapter information and other available titles. In the case of this DVD, the sleeve features printing on the outer side of the sleeve only and features a black case. Is that normal or have I managed to pick up a bootleg of some description?
I got a copy of The Killer and Once A Thief that were like that. I think they just stopped printing on the inside of the paper sleeves near the end.
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 28th May 2011, 11:08 PM
g053584398's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Default

Thanks for that Stephen. It just seemed a little strange when compared to the other titles that I've seen.
__________________
A bit of a cult...
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 28th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I recently picked up the HKL release of Seoul Raiders and I have a question for anyone here who may already own a copy. I'm used to HKL DVDs having sleeves with information printed onto both sides so that when the clear cases are opened you can read certain information, such as chapter information and other available titles. In the case of this DVD, the sleeve features printing on the outer side of the sleeve only and features a black case. Is that normal or have I managed to pick up a bootleg of some description?
Its normal... my copy is the same as yours.
I also found it strange when I first bought it.
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 28th May 2011, 11:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I got a copy of The Killer and Once A Thief that were like that. I think they just stopped printing on the inside of the paper sleeves near the end.
My copy of "The Killer" has no printing on the inside but gladly my copy of "Once A Thief" has.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 28th May 2011, 11:52 PM
g053584398's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Yorkshire
Default

Thanks for that springjack. At least I know for sure now that I haven't got a bootleg. Mind you common sense did suggest to me something along the lines of what both you and Stephen reported. It is always good to receive third-party confirmation though.
__________________
A bit of a cult...
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 29th May 2011, 12:19 AM
pedromonkey's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Capital Of Wales...
Blog Entries: 12
Default

my copy of the killer has a reversible sleeve with different artwork on the other side.
__________________
http://cine-apocalypse.com
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 29th May 2011, 06:30 AM
DeadAlive's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales
Default

The Killer should definitely have the reversable sleeve. It was one of the early releases. (I don't think there was a second edition?) The later ones had single side printing and black DVD cases purely because they were cheeper to produce that way. Also the amount of extras dropped considerably.
__________________
Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 29th May 2011, 07:20 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

The version of The Killer with only the 1 sided artwork was in the John Woo boxset along with Once A Thief and Bullet In The Head.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 29th May 2011, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
Thanks for that springjack. At least I know for sure now that I haven't got a bootleg. Mind you common sense did suggest to me something along the lines of what both you and Stephen reported. It is always good to receive third-party confirmation though.
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
my copy of the killer has a reversible sleeve with different artwork on the other side.
Lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
The Killer should definitely have the reversable sleeve. It was one of the early releases. (I don't think there was a second edition?) The later ones had single side printing and black DVD cases purely because they were cheeper to produce that way. Also the amount of extras dropped considerably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The version of The Killer with only the 1 sided artwork was in the John Woo boxset along with Once A Thief and Bullet In The Head.
Mine too but for some reason "Once A Thief" has reversible printing.
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 29th May 2011, 11:26 AM
Stephen@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, Scotland
Default

The Killer was one of the HKL dvds is got rid of a while ago and when I bought it again in the boxset, I was disappointed that it didn't have the reversible cover, so I managed to track down another copy with the reversible one, and now I have 2 HKL dvds of The Killer
__________________
"Give me grain or give me death!"
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.