Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Hong Kong Legends (HKL) Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1453-hong-kong-legends-hkl-thread.html)

Splatterdragon73 16th September 2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 180468)
But did you actually saw the extras on the new edition or you just compared the info on the back covers?

Perusal of the extras description on the relevant releases lead me to reach my previous conclusion. However, if yours truly is incorrect in his assertion then please feel free to give me one of those almighty side kicks and send me flying back into a pile of boxes. Just like in WOTD!:)

springjack 16th September 2011 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 181620)
Perusal of the extras description on the relevant releases lead me to reach my previous conclusion. However, if yours truly is incorrect in his assertion then please feel free to give me one of those almighty side kicks and send me flying back into a pile of boxes. Just like in WOTD!:)

Sorry, I was only trying to find out because I´ll only order this when I´m sure this release mixes the two previous ones.

I already have the chinese and UK ultimate editions of all Bruce Lee movie and will only double dip if the extras are confirmed to be like you say...

Splatterdragon73 17th September 2011 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 181808)
Sorry, I was only trying to find out because I´ll only order this when I´m sure this release mixes the two previous ones.

I already have the chinese and UK ultimate editions of all Bruce Lee movies and will only double dip if the extras are confirmed to be like you say...

No need to apologise and it's all good. Based on the back of CA's new WOTD i'd say with assurance this release combines both the earlier and later extras found on HKL's prior DVD editions. Sorry i can't be more specific than that but if i'm indeed right then CA's double-disc set is certainly worth the £7 i paid for it at Morrisons.:)

antmumford 17th September 2011 03:29 PM

As you all know, I'm trying to collect Jackie Chan DVD's. I'd really love to get all the HKL Ultrabit editions as they tend to be the best versions out there. I don't suppose anyone has any or knows anyone who would be willing to sell any? If not then no probs I'll just keep waiting until I find them.
If anyone ever sees any on their travels then could you do the honours of thinking about me and letting me know? That would be much appreciated, you lot are the best.:pray:

springjack 17th September 2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 181973)
As you all know, I'm trying to collect Jackie Chan DVD's. I'd really love to get all the HKL Ultrabit editions as they tend to be the best versions out there. I don't suppose anyone has any or knows anyone who would be willing to sell any? If not then no probs I'll just keep waiting until I find them.
If anyone ever sees any on their travels then could you do the honours of thinking about me and letting me know? That would be much appreciated, you lot are the best.:pray:

The ultrabit HKL of Jackie Chan movies are just a gimmick... they-re equal to the Joy Sales/Fortune Star editions.

antmumford 17th September 2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springjack (Post 182100)
The ultrabit HKL of Jackie Chan movies are just a gimmick... they-re equal to the Joy Sales/Fortune Star editions.

Really? It's just I'm using the website below (Shaolin Wooden Men for example) for some guidance and the Ultrabits tend to be the recommended ones. I'm stuck to R2 only though so not sure if that makes a difference, I've got a few Fortune Star releases.

jackiechandvds.co.uk/category/jackie-chan-movies-s

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2011 10:03 PM

I have New Fist Of Fury and Magnificent Bodyguards. Bodyguards looks pretty crap. Not sure if that's anything to do with it originally being in 3D....and not being looked after.

Splatterdragon73 18th September 2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 181973)

I'll keep an eye open for any JC Ultrabit DVDs on my travels and i believe my local HMV may well have some of the said titles in stock but at high prices, i'm afraid. You know what the relevant retailer's like for ripping-off the consumer! It's an educated guess but i reckon now that Cine Asia are reissuing HKL's back catalogue we could quite probably see the JC Ultrabit range making a comeback sooner or later.;)

BioZombie 3rd October 2011 05:57 PM

My original release HKL Collection has grown a bit more recently. Still quite a way off owning them all though.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...Collection.gif

Splatterdragon73 6th October 2011 01:12 PM

I snapped up the current majority of Cine Asia's HKL/PA range to the tune of £61 from HMV last week then purchased the same label's Iron Monkey reissue for £7 from Morrisons later the same day. I just couldn't help myself!:blush: