LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2011, 11:00 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by g053584398 View Post
I recently picked up the HKL release of Seoul Raiders and I have a question for anyone here who may already own a copy. I'm used to HKL DVDs having sleeves with information printed onto both sides so that when the clear cases are opened you can read certain information, such as chapter information and other available titles. In the case of this DVD, the sleeve features printing on the outer side of the sleeve only and features a black case. Is that normal or have I managed to pick up a bootleg of some description?
I got a copy of The Killer and Once A Thief that were like that. I think they just stopped printing on the inside of the paper sleeves near the end.
Old 28th May 2011, 11:08 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks for that Stephen. It just seemed a little strange when compared to the other titles that I've seen.
Old 28th May 2011, 11:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I recently picked up the HKL release of Seoul Raiders and I have a question for anyone here who may already own a copy. I'm used to HKL DVDs having sleeves with information printed onto both sides so that when the clear cases are opened you can read certain information, such as chapter information and other available titles. In the case of this DVD, the sleeve features printing on the outer side of the sleeve only and features a black case. Is that normal or have I managed to pick up a bootleg of some description?
It´s normal... my copy is the same as yours.
I also found it strange when I first bought it.
Old 28th May 2011, 11:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I got a copy of The Killer and Once A Thief that were like that. I think they just stopped printing on the inside of the paper sleeves near the end.
My copy of "The Killer" has no printing on the inside but gladly my copy of "Once A Thief" has.
Old 28th May 2011, 11:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Thanks for that springjack. At least I know for sure now that I haven't got a bootleg. Mind you common sense did suggest to me something along the lines of what both you and Stephen reported. It is always good to receive third-party confirmation though.
Old 29th May 2011, 12:19 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

my copy of the killer has a reversible sleeve with different artwork on the other side.
Old 29th May 2011, 06:30 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Killer should definitely have the reversable sleeve. It was one of the early releases. (I don't think there was a second edition?) The later ones had single side printing and black DVD cases purely because they were cheeper to produce that way. Also the amount of extras dropped considerably.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 29th May 2011, 07:20 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The version of The Killer with only the 1 sided artwork was in the John Woo boxset along with Once A Thief and Bullet In The Head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 29th May 2011, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Thanks for that springjack. At least I know for sure now that I haven't got a bootleg. Mind you common sense did suggest to me something along the lines of what both you and Stephen reported. It is always good to receive third-party confirmation though.
No problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
my copy of the killer has a reversible sleeve with different artwork on the other side.
Lucky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
The Killer should definitely have the reversable sleeve. It was one of the early releases. (I don't think there was a second edition?) The later ones had single side printing and black DVD cases purely because they were cheeper to produce that way. Also the amount of extras dropped considerably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
The version of The Killer with only the 1 sided artwork was in the John Woo boxset along with Once A Thief and Bullet In The Head.
Mine too but for some reason "Once A Thief" has reversible printing.
Old 29th May 2011, 11:26 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

The Killer was one of the HKL dvds is got rid of a while ago and when I bought it again in the boxset, I was disappointed that it didn't have the reversible cover, so I managed to track down another copy with the reversible one, and now I have 2 HKL dvds of The Killer

Like this? Share it using the links below!