Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2011, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I'm really looking forward to watching Dragons Forever as I have not seen it before and have heard it's excellent.
Oh you're in for a treat mate. It's one of the greats. To be honest I really need to start watching my Jackie Chan films again cos I've not watched many on DVD yet, only seen them all on VHS over and over again

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 4th September 2011, 08:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I watched Tai Chi Boxer quite a long time ago, I remember it being pretty decent. Its by Yeun Woo Ping so the fighting is obviously top notch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
Wu Jing is superb but the film on the whole is not a classic. Some of the comedy falls a bit flat for me. Worth getting though as the pros outweigh the cons.
Thanks... will be my first purchase next month.

I closed my buyings this month thanks to Star Wars...
Old 4th September 2011, 08:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

recently picked up DUEL TO THE DEATH and SWORDSMAN.
Old 6th September 2011, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to watching Dragons Forever as I have not seen it before and have heard it's excellent.
The film is pure class with Chan, Hung and Biao on top form and boasting another tough turn from the blistering Benny 'The Jet' Urquidez. I believe DF to be the movie where Chan and Hung had a falling out with each other during shooting and said legends subsequently didn't work together for roughly the next ten years.
Old 6th September 2011, 02:47 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Really enjoyed watching Dragons Forever yesterday, the final fight with Jackie and Benny The Jet is jaw dropping!

I found The Young Master at the junk market in Preston today for £1. Just got it back an noticed the cover is a bit damp. I guess it got rained on while it was sat on the stall. Anyway the disks ok and the cover looks like it'll dry nicely, so I'm very happpy.
antmumford likes this.
Old 7th September 2011, 05:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Really enjoyed watching Dragons Forever yesterday, the final fight with Jackie and Benny The Jet is jaw dropping!

I found The Young Master at the junk market in Preston today for £1.
DF's final fight is undeniably great but Chan's classic clash with Urquidez in Wheels On Meals is superior imo. Be sure to grab HKL's double disc set of this terrific title if you don't already have it.

TYM is another essential slice of vintage Chan and Whang In Sik makes for a truly formidable villain. The HKL release knocks spots off the R1 DVD too.
Old 11th September 2011, 10:22 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Whilst packing up my HKL titles last night i checked the bonus material description on both the single and double disc WOTD releases and earlier today i also scrutinised the supplements mentioned on the sleeve of Cine Asia's new two-DVD set. I'm now confident enough to say imo the extras from both HKL's old and new editions of WOTD are now in evidence on the CA release.
Old 11th September 2011, 12:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Whilst packing up my HKL titles last night i checked the bonus material description on both the single and double disc WOTD releases and earlier today i also scrutinised the supplements mentioned on the sleeve of Cine Asia's new two-DVD set. I'm now confident enough to say imo the extras from both HKL's old and new editions of WOTD are now in evidence on the CA release.
I'm getting it anyway as I somehow missed out on the original HKL disc. Thanks for checking Splatterdargon.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 11th September 2011, 11:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
But did you actually saw the extras on the new edition or you just compared the info on the back covers?
Old 14th September 2011, 06:34 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Latest HKL acquisitions.

NAKED KILLER
IN THE LINE OF DUTY
CHINESE GHOST STORY 2
DRAGON FROM RUSSIA.
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!