Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd January 2012, 07:29 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Just ordered one of these (used) for a couple of Pounds...does this consist of 3 Amarays in a box or something else?

I wanted to check the HKL dvd of New Dragon Gate Inn and this set was about the same price as the dvd of that one (both used)...

Well I got this today and already checked New Dragon Gate Inn,looks like the HKL disc is a lot better than the remastered Mei Ah one.
Especially the subs are a big improvement but the picture also looked better at a glance!

Noticed that the disc of New Dragon Gate Inn contained Moon Warriors and vice versa though!

Here's my little HKL collection (mostly Dutch versions)

DVDAF HKL BDC
wongfeihung62 likes this.

Last edited by bdc; 23rd January 2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 5th February 2012, 01:29 AM
Cultist in Training

Hey mate as a hong long movie fan I can tell you I own ever hong long legends DVD as well as there Blu ray releases from Asia of what is out that is I own thousands of asain movies just have never met anyone who likes them as much I do I buy all the cineasia blu rays have alot of future star ones dragon dynasty then I have the old 70's martial arts movies I will admit at one time there all I ever watched that and horror
bdc and antmumford like this.
Old 5th February 2012, 10:07 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

If you want to chat about HK films with fellow fans there are several forums who specialize in them Tony.
There used to be more but a lot have disappeared over the years.
Here's one that's still going strong:
Kung Fu Cinema Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Old 5th February 2012, 10:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBalongi View Post
Hey mate as a hong long movie fan I can tell you I own ever hong long legends DVD as well as there Blu ray releases from Asia of what is out that is I own thousands of asain movies just have never met anyone who likes them as much I do I buy all the cineasia blu rays have alot of future star ones dragon dynasty then I have the old 70's martial arts movies I will admit at one time there all I ever watched that and horror
Don't suppose you have any of the Jackie Chan Ultrabit HKL releases you'd be willing to part with at all?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th February 2012, 11:01 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Don't suppose you have any of the Jackie Chan Ultrabit HKL releases you'd be willing to part with at all?
I'd wait for Cine Asia to release them. They're releasing New Fist Of Fury and The Protector in March, so they'll probably release the others too, or is is that you want the original HKL versions?
Old 5th February 2012, 11:04 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I'd wait for Cine Asia to release them. They're releasing New Fist Of Fury and The Protector in March, so they'll probably release the others too, or is is that you want the original HKL versions?
I was thinking about getting the rereleases but there's something about the new packaging design and the fact the others are "original" that the collectors side of me just wants them more. If that makes sense??

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th February 2012, 11:07 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah, I totally understand. In that case, i'll sell you my Protector, New Fist Of Fury, and Magnificent Bodyguards discs for £50 each Obviously I jest.
Old 5th February 2012, 11:08 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Yeah, I totally understand. In that case, i'll sell you my Protector, New Fist Of Fury, and Magnificent Bodyguards discs for £50 each Obviously I jest.
I've got The Protector already anyway

Old 5th February 2012, 11:13 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I've got The Protector already anyway
I'm actually going the get the Cine Asia disc. The cover of the original HKL release is terrible.
Old 5th February 2012, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I'm actually going the get the Cine Asia disc. The cover of the original HKL release is terrible.
I only got it to keep with the collection but also own the French version which is the best release worldwide and a reasonable price on amazon.fr to boot

Like this? Share it using the links below!