LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th February 2012, 11:16 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
I only got it to keep with the collection but also own the French version which is the best release worldwide and a reasonable price on amazon.fr to boot
Is it the US version, or Jackie's cut?
Old 5th February 2012, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Is it the US version, or Jackie's cut?
Its both the International AND the superior Jackie Chan's Recut version both in Anamorphic Widescreen.

http://www.amazon.fr/retour-du-chino...8440864&sr=1-4

My copies in storage at the mo and I thought it was meant to have English language but according to amazon it's just Chinese and only French subs...uuummmm don't trust amazon too much with spec details though.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th February 2012, 11:38 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

French and "Cantonese" audio according to what I've read.
There is dialogue in English though.

"Deux pistes son sont proposées ici: la version française stéréo et la version cantonaise stéréo également. La version française témoigne d'effets sonores plus marqués. En ce qui concerne les doublages, ceux-ci sont plus réussi que d'habitude, on s'étonne * reconnaître la voix habituelle de Sylvester Stallone pour le personnage de Garroni. Dans la version originale Jackie Chan garde sa voix naturelle pour les passages en anglais. La bande-son est très correcte, elle manque un peu de punch lors des grosses scènes d'action." (Test Excessif)

Babelfish...
"Two tracks its are proposed here: the stereo French version and the stereo Cantonese version also. The French version testifies d' more marked sound effects. With regard to doublings, those are successful more than d' practice, one s' astonish to recognize the usual voice of Sylvester Stallone for the character of Garroni. In the original version Jackie Chan keeps its natural voice for the English passages. The band is very correct, it misses a little punch at the time of the large scenes d' action."

Old 5th February 2012, 12:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
French and "Cantonese" audio according to what I've read.
There is dialogue in English though.

"Deux pistes son sont proposées ici: la version française stéréo et la version cantonaise stéréo également. La version française témoigne d'effets sonores plus marqués. En ce qui concerne les doublages, ceux-ci sont plus réussi que d'habitude, on s'étonne * reconnaître la voix habituelle de Sylvester Stallone pour le personnage de Garroni. Dans la version originale Jackie Chan garde sa voix naturelle pour les passages en anglais. La bande-son est très correcte, elle manque un peu de punch lors des grosses scènes d'action." (Test Excessif)

Babelfish...
"Two tracks its are proposed here: the stereo French version and the stereo Cantonese version also. The French version testifies d' more marked sound effects. With regard to doublings, those are successful more than d' practice, one s' astonish to recognize the usual voice of Sylvester Stallone for the character of Garroni. In the original version Jackie Chan keeps its natural voice for the English passages. The band is very correct, it misses a little punch at the time of the large scenes d' action."

Hmmmm not sure about that. Think it's just saying that Jackie used his Own voice on the original version, since it was filmed in English. As much as I want it, i'll give it a miss I think.
Old 5th February 2012, 12:16 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Protector on dvd/bd

"FRENCH REGION 2 DVD PAL **Recommended

Anamorphic widescreen, this dvd has both cuts of the film the international and the superior HK edit. Languages: English 2.0 (international) French 2.0 (international) and Cantonese dubbed (HK edit ) 2.0. French subtitles only no English."

Seems there's 3 versions?
"the USA edit, the Cantonese Jackie Chan edit AND the Japanese edit.(A combination of English language and Cantonese.)"
Old 5th February 2012, 01:06 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
The Protector on dvd/bd

"FRENCH REGION 2 DVD PAL **Recommended

Anamorphic widescreen, this dvd has both cuts of the film the international and the superior HK edit. Languages: English 2.0 (international) French 2.0 (international) and Cantonese dubbed (HK edit ) 2.0. French subtitles only no English."

Seems there's 3 versions?
"the USA edit, the Cantonese Jackie Chan edit AND the Japanese edit.(A combination of English language and Cantonese.)"
Still a no buy I'm afraid. No english subs for the HK version.
Old 5th February 2012, 01:43 PM
Cultist in Training

I have all the hong long legends releases mate what ones you after and what are you looking at paying for them as I don't mind selling of its worth it thanks
Old 5th February 2012, 01:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Definitrly no English subs on the HK version. Shame really as having both versions togther would be great.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 7th February 2012, 12:38 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Went to visit my GF over the weekend and she had found 3 HKL DVDs that I don't have, at the bargain price £2 for the lot. It was at CEX I think. Now I have 2000AD, Purple Storm and Heromakers to add to my collection (54 HKL DVD's & rising!). I already had Heromakers on the Red Wolf bonus disk, but its good to have the individual release too.

Spotted Better Tomorrow II in CEX today, but £10 was a bit steep for me.
Stephen@Cult Labs and bdc like this.
Old 7th February 2012, 04:20 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Went to visit my GF over the weekend and she had found 3 HKL DVDs that I don't have, at the bargain price £2 for the lot. It was at CEX I think. Now I have 2000AD, Purple Storm and Heromakers to add to my collection (54 HKL DVD's & rising!). I already had Heromakers on the Red Wolf bonus disk, but its good to have the individual release too.

Spotted Better Tomorrow II in CEX today, but £10 was a bit steep for me.
A bargain for £2. I really enjoyed 2000AD and Purple Storm.

Like this? Share it using the links below!