Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2012, 04:07 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvdaficionado View Post
Hi guys,
I've spotted a UK release of LOVE AND BULLETS but it's full screen and a German dvd of BORDERLINE in anamorphic widescreen. Unfortunately, the dvd cover has a German title and looks

Are these the best versions available for both titles on dvd so far?
Borderline I'm not sure about but I don't think there is a good version of Love and Bullets. I think even the widescreen ones are wrong AR so until a proper one emerges I'd probably go with the cheapest.
Old 3rd July 2013, 05:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Watched 10 to Midnight on Netflix last night, which I haven't seen in years.Despite not remembering too much about it, I thought it held up well.It runs a bit like a slasher/horror flick and was enjoyable in that respect.I think the BBFC made cuts to the butterfly knife scene at one point, didn't they? Anyway, it's definitely one of Charlie's better '80s flicks imo.I'd love to see this on BD, along with stuff like Mr Majestyk, The Mechanic, etc.
Old 3rd July 2013, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Watched 10 to Midnight on Netflix last night, which I haven't seen in years.Despite not remembering too much about it, I thought it held up well.It runs a bit like a slasher/horror flick and was enjoyable in that respect.I think the BBFC made cuts to the butterfly knife scene at one point, didn't they? Anyway, it's definitely one of Charlie's better '80s flicks imo.I'd love to see this on BD, along with stuff like Mr Majestyk, The Mechanic, etc.
Not if it's the same as the MGM DVD according to dvdcompare:

R2 United Kingdom- MGM Home Entertainment - No cuts - previous BBFC video cuts of 1min 42sec restored (97:59 PAL).

Bronson rules! He seems to be represented on BD reasonably by the German's I believe:

Amazon.de: charles bronson blu ray
Old 4th July 2013, 05:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
Watched 10 to Midnight on Netflix last night, which I haven't seen in years.Despite not remembering too much about it, I thought it held up well.It runs a bit like a slasher/horror flick and was enjoyable in that respect. It's definitely one of Charlie's better '80s flicks imo. I'd love to see this on BD, along with stuff like Mr Majestyk, The Mechanic, etc.
I'd go for 10TM in HD too along with Murphy's Law and Death Wish. I already have the third and fourth DW entries on BR but there's no way i'm touching DW2 in HD until an intact release surfaces. Until then my uncut DVD copy will suffice.
Zann likes this.
Old 4th July 2013, 06:11 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I'd go for 10TM in HD too along with Murphy's Law and Death Wish. I already have the third and fourth DW entries on BR but there's no way i'm touching DW2 in HD until an intact release surfaces. Until then my uncut DVD copy will suffice.
DW2 uncut is grim as hell but yeah complete or not at all. Could have a wait though, I remember on DVD it kind of seeped out: Brazil, Australia and then Scandinavia if memory serves me correctly.
Old 3rd February 2016, 12:55 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

image.jpg
Old 3rd February 2016, 05:08 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default DW 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zann View Post
DW2 uncut is grim as hell but yeah complete or not at all. Could have a wait though, I remember on DVD it kind of seeped out: Brazil, Australia and then Scandinavia if memory serves me correctly.
I recently watched the uncut DEath WIsh 2,and the rape of the maid,seems to go on for ages,its fairly brutal (although not as bad as the original I Spit On Your Grave) and the rape of the daughter in the warehouse,as she lie's back in a catatonic state is not pleasant to watch,but overall DW 2 is definitely a great sequel.
Demoncrat and Nordicdusk like this.

Old 3rd February 2016, 05:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Are the US Blu Rays of Death Wish cut or uncut?
Old 12th August 2016, 03:32 AM
Cult Rookie

The U.S. blu-rays are uncut.

I think the new blu-ray of DEATH WISH 3 is the first time that film has been released uncut in the USA.

I've started collecting all the Michael Winner films I can find on blu-ray, which is reminding of what a terrific actor Charles Bronson is.

I recommend the Twilight Time blu-rays of THE MECHANIC and CHATO'S LAND -- superb transfers and uncut.
Demoncrat and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 20th August 2017, 09:18 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

What with this new DW coming out .... hopefully the shops will restock a few titles.
My local T***o is awash with King titles (for some reason ).

Still haven't watched From Noon Til Three. Maybe today then ahem!! The weather's turning etc.
bleakshaun likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!