Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree112Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2009, 04:58 PM
Cult Rookie

is the Dutch dvd of Evil.... cut?

The Stone Killers i watched was an excellent copy! I thought it was a vhs rip. Maybe a dvd is out there?
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:14 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

White Buffalo (1977) is now out in Australia from Shock & it's region free,anamorphic & contains the theatrical trailer.The sleeve features original artwork & the picture quality is also excellent if you've only seen the poor looking UK release from Digital Entertainment.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
is the Dutch dvd of Evil.... cut?

The Stone Killers i watched was an excellent copy! I thought it was a vhs rip. Maybe a dvd is out there?
The US dvd of TETMD is the 'R' version losing a brief blood spurt from John Glover's back when Bronson shotguns him.The more recent Network release also removes the shot along with a few seconds I think of Raymond St Jacques slow death when he's hit in the throat with a throwing knife (also missing from the US disc).I have the r4 (r2 playable) Australian release which is supposedly uncut according to REWIND,but without checking the old Carlton silver series & prism versions (which contain the blood spurt despite the other heavy cuts !)It's hard to verify.I had the old censored UK disc & I thought the bloodspurt was slightly longer but I not 100% sure.I thought only the UK & US discs contained the 'R' version.
Old 3rd September 2009, 04:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Death Wish 5 last night. I thought it was quite entertaining.
Old 10th September 2009, 04:25 PM
Cultist in Training

Yeaahhhh! Good old Bronson!

I have loads of CB films on my DVDs and videoes! (almost 30 films!) I recently received
my Aus. R4 DVD of The White Buffalo!

Of course Death Wish 3 still is my favourite CB film!

Shame, I STILL am waiting for either the US or UK R2 DVD releases of The Sandpiper and Guns for San Sebastian!

BTW DW 3, 4 & 5 was screened on ITV4 last week..all in widecsreen and UNEDITED version!
Old 10th September 2009, 04:32 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
White Buffalo (1977) is now out in Australia from Shock & it's region free,anamorphic & contains the theatrical trailer.The sleeve features original artwork & the picture quality is also excellent if you've only seen the poor looking UK release from Digital Entertainment.
Yes, glad I didn't buy the UK DVD version!

According to some reviewers, the recent UK R2 DVD release of Cabo Blanco also does contain a very poor picturel..So best to avoid that and I, for one not getting that either!
Old 10th September 2009, 04:42 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
iThe Stone Killers i watched was an excellent copy! I thought it was a vhs rip. Maybe a dvd is out there?
Oh yeah I've forgotton about that! Its not available on DVD anywhere in the world! I also am waiting for its DVD (or Blu-Ray) release of this! I have this on my video! (released from Columbia in late 80's!) It contains full uncut scene of the boardroom masscare! This was cut by the BBFC for its theatrical release! But really it was a silly cut!
Old 10th September 2009, 04:56 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Telefon is available on a r1 flipper disc with ST IVES from Warner.Nice quality & r1/r2 if you only have a r2 locked machine.Tested it on a PS2 & it worked fine.
I'm selling this if you're interested and you can buy this through via ebay!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Charles-Bronso...d=p3286.c0.m14

EDIT-: Its now sold!

Last edited by HunterBFH; 10th September 2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10th September 2009, 06:53 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterBFH View Post
Yes, glad I didn't buy the UK DVD version!

According to some reviewers, the recent UK R2 DVD release of Cabo Blanco also does contain a very poor picturel..So best to avoid that and I, for one not getting that either!
It's from VI HBHF,and as with almost all of their releases,the transfer's from VHS Direct!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 24th September 2009, 10:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
ALL the Death Wish films are cool.
Damn right and didn't the BBFC pass the riotous third entry uncut when submitted for DVD a while back? But so far a U.K. release has yet to come our way.

Not too bothered as i snapped up the Australian R4 DW 1-5:The Vigilante Collection box set off Ebay about two years ago!
All five films in anamorphic widescreen and fully uncensored. Great stuff!

I still picked up the cheap R1 DVDs of DW 1-4 only for the theatrical trailers that aren't included on the R4 editions.

Also, for all you other dedicated fans of the screen's most popular vigilante i recommend Paul Talbot's book Bronson's Loose!The Making Of The Death Wish Films. A modest but entertaining little read.

Like this? Share it using the links below!