Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th August 2010, 01:28 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I've never actually watched Seagal's fly-on-the-wall crime fighting frolics but i imagine the series to be sorta like COPS only with a more famous police officer enforcing the law!
Unfortunately not. There's one or two COPS like parts in every episode, but a lot of it is his interests in his personal life and how it relates to his police work.
Showing him training dogs, teaching cops martial arts, playing fund raising gigs with his band. That kind of stuff.
Old 27th August 2010, 10:12 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain dead View Post
Unfortunately not. Showing him training dogs, teaching cops martial arts, playing fund raising gigs with his band. That kind of stuff.
Sounds like i'm not missing much then so i think i'll be sticking with big Steve's golden age output.
Old 29th August 2010, 12:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

If anybody's interested HMV's Hard To Kill DVD is £4 at the mo.
Old 29th August 2010, 12:11 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And it's probably been mentioned before, but Seagal is now working on a new tv show called Southern Justice. He must've realised that it worked for Chuck Norris with the excellent Walker:Texas Ranger......I wonder if Seagal will also sing the theme song?
Old 29th August 2010, 12:23 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And the trailer for Seagal's latest magnum opus, Born To Raise Hell.

Old 3rd September 2010, 03:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
And it's probably been mentioned before, but Seagal is now working on a new tv show called Southern Justice. He must've realised that it worked for Chuck Norris with the excellent Walker:Texas Ranger......I wonder if Seagal will also sing the theme song?
Ha ha I got an email from my friend a while back about this TV series as its being filmed in my hometown of Vancouver
Old 25th September 2010, 10:17 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Just watched MARKED FOR DEATH - The blu Ray looks fantastic, doesn't time fly, to think this film is now 20 years old! One of my favourite Seagal's. I can't make up my mind if this or OUT FOR JUSTICE is by favourite one.

Old 25th September 2010, 10:24 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Let's face it when James Ferman ruled the B.B.F.C. not one of the pigtailed Aikidoka's early actioners escaped the censor's scissors and it's now probably a safe bet to assume that the balance will be redressed nowadays. I'll be suprised if it isn't.
all the earlier (better) ones were all cut by the BBFC, FIRE DOWN BELOW was the first one to escape the U.K. censors.
Old 26th September 2010, 12:54 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
Just watched MARKED FOR DEATH - The blu Ray looks fantastic, doesn't time fly, to think this film is now 20 years old! One of my favourite Seagal's. I can't make up my mind if this or OUT FOR JUSTICE is by favourite one.

Just picked this one up last night. Glad to hear it's a good HD release.
Old 26th September 2010, 11:10 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I watched the BD's of Marked For Death and Under Seige 1 and 2 the other week. You can't beat 4 1/2 hours of classic Seagal.

Like this? Share it using the links below!