Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2009, 01:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Just ordered HARD TO KILL and ON DEADLY GROUND.
The Seagal season continues tonight with THE GLIMMER MAN
Are HTK and ODG U.K. Blu-Ray releases? And if so do you know if they're both uncut? I would like to imagine so.

"There'd be nothing....then a glimmer....and then you're dead!"
Old 15th August 2009, 03:39 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Sorry SD,they're standard r1 releases I ordered mate....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th August 2009, 09:11 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Any idea if Seagal's early Warner Bros. hits are now available in Amaray DVD cases on R1?

I've got all big Steve's vintage U.S. titles i want but they're mostly in those much vilified clip cases so i wouldn't mind upgrading these editions from the cardboard to the plastic variety.

The only uncut Seagal classics i own in Amaray packaging is the R2 Out For Justice, the U.S. Marked For Death and an R4 ODG. Not to mention Renegade Justice but this effort isn't from the glory days.
Old 17th August 2009, 07:24 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Above The Law/Hard To Kill were released as a double feature in an amaray case both in widescreen but it was replaced with a fullscreen only version.
Old 21st August 2009, 12:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Super Happy

Any idea if the U.K. Blu-Ray of Nico:Above The Law is uncut? I've heard it is but just can't confirm it.
Old 26th August 2009, 10:33 PM
Cultist

I remember seeing Hard to Kill featured on Barry Norman's Film '90 (I thought it was Film '89) but had never seen it in full until a week last Sunday. Really enjoyed it. It's a pity the DVD has hardly any or no extras (same with Nico), which is why I haven't yet bought these two films on DVD yet.
Old 10th September 2009, 09:35 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Any idea if the U.K. Blu-Ray of Nico:Above The Law is uncut? I've heard it is but just can't confirm it.
Not yet its not..but should be when the distributor submit the full uncut version to BBFC for its classification.
Old 10th September 2009, 09:48 PM
Cultist in Training

I have every films of Seagal on DVDs!..execpt the last two films Against The Dark (I know! I know! I've heard about this asymal movie!) and Driven To Kill!

I'm not too happy with Seagal now through of what he's doing in these movies! Cos he isn't doing like he used to do in his old films! Bah!

Come on Seagal!..do your real stuff!

Last edited by HunterBFH; 10th September 2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:01 PM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Yeah Executive Decisiion lost a little bit from steven seagal using his knife on the guards at the the beginning of the film and also
a few seconds of david suchet praying on the plane before he gets up and answers the telephone
That's right! but very strange cut for whatever the reason to where Mr. Suchet praying before he picks the phone up!
Old 11th September 2009, 12:10 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterBFH View Post
I have every films of Seagal on DVDs!..execpt the last two films Against The Dark (I know! I know! I've heard about this asymal movie!) and Driven To Kill!

I'm not too happy with Seagal now through of what he's doing in these movies! Cos he isn't doing like he used to do in his old films! Bah!

Come on Seagal!..do your real stuff!
Too many pies mate.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!