Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th March 2022, 06:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
It's a shame that Bruce has now retired from acting due to brain disorder aphasia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-60934576

Thanks for the memories and some terrific films Bruce and i hope you can be as comfortable as possible in your retirement.
Read this earlier on, such bad news.
Old 30th March 2022, 06:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Read this earlier on, such bad news.
It is.

He may have spent his last few film making years making dtv quickies but he's had one hell of a career.

From the first four Die Hard films which i totally love to Pulp Fiction, The Fifth Element, the Red films, Sin City, Planet Terror and underrated gems like 16 Blocks, Hart's War and Striking Distance. Most of the time during the late 80's to the early 2010's you could be almost guaranteed a decent film starring Bruce.
Old 30th March 2022, 07:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
It's a shame that Bruce has now retired from acting due to brain disorder aphasia.

Thanks for the memories and some terrific films Bruce and i hope you can be as comfortable as possible in your retirement.
Aww crap, such a great action star, hope he does have a good retirement.
Old 30th March 2022, 08:07 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:

It is sad to think Bruce Willis will never act again because he's such a magnetic and charismatic actor, someone with exceptional range and longevity.

He was as adept in action films like the Die Hard franchise, Looper, 12 Monkeys, and The Fifth Element as he was in intense, dramatic roles like The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, Pulp Fiction, and Sin City, and comedic voice roles like Look Who's Talking and Over the Hedge.
Old 30th March 2022, 11:04 PM
Seasoned Cultist

This may be the reason why he did all these DTV Films recently, he may have known so he wanted to do what he could, while he could.

Makes that Rasberrie category even more stupid now.
Old 31st March 2022, 11:01 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:

First I've read of this. That's a shame, in his heyday he was one of the best. I think some Brucey movies are in order.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 2nd April 2022, 12:15 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
This may be the reason why he did all these DTV Films recently, he may have known so he wanted to do what he could, while he could.

Makes that Rasberrie category even more stupid now.
The film writer and journalist Karen Krizanovich was on the Today programme acouple of days ago and she said Bruce Willis was probably so active recently because he was aware of the implications of his condition and wanted to make as many films as possible before remembering lines and acting became impossible.

That would explain why he was accepting almost any role in any film, regardless of quality.
Old 2nd April 2022, 02:49 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
The film writer and journalist Karen Krizanovich was on the Today programme acouple of days ago and she said Bruce Willis was probably so active recently because he was aware of the implications of his condition and wanted to make as many films as possible before remembering lines and acting became impossible.

That would explain why he was accepting almost any role in any film, regardless of quality.
I read a line from Kim Newman recently where he said "Bruce Willis seeing starring in a film had become a threat, whereas with Nic Cage you'd have a one in four chance of something extraordinary"

Obviously like so many others he had no idea of Bruce's condition.
it'smebilly likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!