Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th July 2014, 02:59 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

This thread is scarily underused so thought I'd give it a bump. Some classic Jackie Chan films are being screened at the BFI Southbank. Police Story, Drunken Master and Drunken Master 2. I'll be there Sat 26th to see DM2. Wouldn't miss that once in a lifetime opportunity to see one of the greatest martial art films on the big screen. Can't wait !

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th August 2014, 06:21 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

On the off chance I don't suppose any of you are going to be seeing Jackie Chan at the Prince Charles or BFI next week?

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 5th August 2014, 06:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I managed to get a ticket to the Chinese Zodiac screening with Jackie Chan Q&A at the Prince Charles cinema next Monday. So chuffed to be going as a massive Jackie Chan fan.
Old 5th August 2014, 07:36 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
On the off chance I don't suppose any of you are going to be seeing Jackie Chan at the Prince Charles or BFI next week?
Yep, I got tickets for the PCC. I was sat at work stressed out all day, waiting for tickets to be available. I was lucky and got a pair, I can't wait. I never thought I'd get to see Jackie in person.

What is he doing at the BFI? I didn't know about that. (Oh, just googled it and I see it's the same thing the next night).
Old 5th August 2014, 07:56 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRange View Post
Yep, I got tickets for the PCC. I was sat at work stressed out all day, waiting for tickets to be available. I was lucky and got a pair, I can't wait. I never thought I'd get to see Jackie in person.

What is he doing at the BFI? I didn't know about that. (Oh, just googled it and I see it's the same thing the next night).
Ah man, don't suppose you have a spare ticket going?
I'm so mad that I missed these opportunities as I've idolized Chan for 20 years and this could have been my only chance to see him in the flesh. I neeeeeed to get hold of a ticket somehow :'(
MrRange likes this.

Old 5th August 2014, 07:59 AM
Cultist

Ah damn, didn't get lucky then? If my friend drops out and I have to go alone I will let you know, but of course that is very unlikely. Good luck trying to find a ticket, I will keep a look out for anyone selling.

I have been a Jackie fan for a long, long time too. I have pretty much all of his films (well apart from the hollywood ones). His auto biography is one of only two books I have ever read more than once
Old 5th August 2014, 08:10 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ha ha me too, I actually pulled a sickie from school when My Life in Action was released, I was hooked and read it all the way through in a whole day.
I have every film of his on VHS, DVD and now continuing on the Blus although there aren't many true HD blu releases to get.....yet!
If you could look out for me that would be superb.
May I ask how you found out about it. Just afraid I'll miss something else again as I'm clearly not keeping up with what he's doing.
I only found out via the Superchan blog which I pop onto once a week or so

Old 5th August 2014, 08:16 AM
Cultist

Even though I live in Somerset I go to the Prince Charles quite often for events they put on and so I saw this on their facebook page. I got lucky really, any other venue and I probably wouldn't have found out in time.
Old 5th August 2014, 08:52 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Blimey, long way to travel for a cinema event. I come up from Worthing and thought I was travelling far. Worth it though, especially the stuff at PCC. Last time I went there for an event was the screening of Porcupine Trees live show Blu release where I got to meet them all and get my DVD signed. Really is a great place for film nuts like ourselves

Old 5th August 2014, 10:30 AM
Cultist

Yeah, it's a long way but there is really no where like it around here.

I have been to two Troma events and met Lloyd Kaufman and some of their marathons like the Evil Dead Trilogy and the Friday the 13th all nighter.

I think Jackie is going to be the best of them all though.

I really hope you manage to find a ticket.

Like this? Share it using the links below!