Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th September 2009, 10:04 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, New Police Story is a cracker! Pretty dark stuff too for Chan!

That bus set-piece was exciting stuff, not on the level as the previous encounters he's had with busses in the PS franchise, but certainly one of the best set-pieces he's been involved with since leaving for America!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 26th September 2009, 06:19 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
I have an old VHS of "Police Story 3 " and the crap American dubbed DVD from Mirimax. It could certainly do with a quality release. Dragon Dynasty have the rights at the moment and I think it may be out by now under the title of "Supercop ". Problem is it may be the same cut as the one Mirimax used

As for Jackie Chan films........ I think I have all of his official releases in one form or another.
Police Story 3 was released as part of a lovely boxset along with parts 1 and 2 in hong kong.All nice looking transfers,uncut with DTS sound,interviews and a 62 page photo book
Old 26th January 2010, 08:48 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Default Jackie Chan missing VHS'

I own pretty much every Jackie Chan film on VHS. I'll be putting up all my pictures soon when I get the time.
The only one I'm so desperate to get hold of is Thunderbolt on VHS. Have been collecting Jackie Chan films and memorabilia for about 16 years now and I've still never come across it. I can get the DVD release from America or Asia but I want the VHS to complete the collection.
The funny thing is about 8 years ago it was played on TV (channel 4 I think) so I managed to record it and it was such a great film. Highly underrated, as no one ever mentions it at all.

I don't suppose anyone has ever come across it or owns it or knows anyone who might know how and where I could get hold of it ?????????

Also I need The Accidental Spy, well the case anyway. When that was released I only managed to find an ex rental copy in Blockbuster without a case, just in a cardboard sleeve so I'd love to get that too.

Any help will be much appreciated and when I get my pics uploaded I'll post a blog of my Collection if anyones interested to see

Cheers

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 26th January 2010, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Not 100% sure but I don't think it has ever had an official VHS release in the UK. I saw it on TV a few years ago and had to settle for the US release on DVD. All Amazon searches take me to a now OOP US release.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 26th January 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
Not 100% sure but I don't think it has ever had an official VHS release in the UK. I saw it on TV a few years ago and had to settle for the US release on DVD. All Amazon searches take me to a now OOP US release.
Looks like I'll just have to settle with the DVD release then. Never mind, I wanna eventually get them all on DVD as well. I currently have all his Blu-Ray releases. I can't wait for the Shinjuku Incident too, that's put on Blu-Ray soon, woop woop!!

He's released a lot of new stuff on DVD that I still need to get too, Rob-B-Hood and such like. Better start saving my pennies again

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 26th January 2010, 11:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Jackie's okay,but I prefer Sonny Chiba anyday.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 27th January 2010, 11:50 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Jackie's okay,but I prefer Sonny Chiba anyday.
After all,he is bar none,the greatest actor working in martial arts movies today.
Old 30th January 2010, 03:10 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
The only one I'm so desperate to get hold of is Thunderbolt on VHS. The funny thing is about 8 years ago it was played on TV (channel 4 I think) so I managed to record it and it was such a great film.

I don't suppose anyone has ever come across it or owns it or knows anyone who might know how and where I could get hold of it ?????????

Cheers
Thunderbolt isn't exactly classic Jackie Chan imo but does boast the great garage and Pachinko parlour fights.

I make no promises but i believe i may still have my old VHS taping of the film when Channel 4 screened it way back when.
If i do decide to let this copy go then you'll get first refusal if you're interested. Just let me know.
Old 30th January 2010, 04:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

BBC2 showed it once. It was when my recording of it on VHS jammed in my player that I decided to get the Region 1 DVD.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 30th January 2010, 05:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Thunderbolt isn't exactly classic Jackie Chan imo but does boast the great garage and Pachinko parlour fights.

I make no promises but i believe i may still have my old VHS taping of the film when Channel 4 screened it way back when.
If i do decide to let this copy go then you'll get first refusal if you're interested. Just let me know.
I've already got it recorded from channel 4, thanks for the offer anyway. You should check out my photo album as I've just put up my collection pictures.

Like this? Share it using the links below!