Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Jackie Chan Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/1667-jackie-chan-thread.html)

HunterBFH 10th September 2009 08:43 PM

The Jackie Chan Thread

Hi everyone!

Any of you a fan of Jackie Chan here! I am and have over 56 films of his on DVDs in my DVD library! I only EVER require just FOUR films of his to collect and that's..it! :clap:

The outstanding JC films that I require to catch are New Fist Of Fury, The Killer Meteor, Two In A Black Belt and his recent film!

Gigantor 11th September 2009 04:06 AM

I like Jackie Chan as well.I just saw SHINJUKU INCIDENT the other day,Decent movie .Very different role for Jackie Chan.

Gigantor 11th September 2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterBFH (Post 41161)
Hi everyone!

Any of you a fan of Jackie Chan here! I am and have over 56 films of his on DVDs in my DVD library! I only EVER require just FOUR films of his to collect and that's..it! :clap:

The outstanding JC films that I require to catch are New Fist Of Fury, The Killer Meteor, Two In A Black Belt and his recent film!

In regards to his recent films there are 3 in the works one done and one about to start up if not already so looks like theres going to be a lot of Jackie Chan movies in the near future,Get Ready:popcorn:

HunterBFH 11th September 2009 11:03 AM

Oh yeah I am! :clap: and yeah, Mr. Chan is a very busy man! :happy:

HunterBFH 11th September 2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 41177)
I like Jackie Chan as well.I just saw SHINJUKU INCIDENT the other day,Decent movie .Very different role for Jackie Chan.

Thanks for the head up mate!...that's the recent JC film I was referring to!

I will be getting that on R3 DVD in near future! ;)

Splatterdragon73 24th September 2009 09:56 AM

Imo Chan was always at his best from '78 to '94.

That was the golden period for me when the physical genius could hardly put a foot wrong and we all know how popular his collaborations with Sammo Hung and Yuen Biao were. Vintage HK action brilliance!

His latter-day Hollywood efforts have been servicable and entertaining but anybody who has only ever seen Chan's U.S. outings and thinks they've caught the best of the former Drunken Master is very wrong!

I think all of us old-school Chan fans know this for sure and there's plenty of celluloid proof to back it up!

Chan may well be showing his age now but i'll always respect and admire the undeniable influence and impact his work has had on the martial arts and action genres.

The man is a true screen legend.:rockon:

Philleh 24th September 2009 10:41 AM

The man is indeed a real screen legend, and it sucks that one of his finest films is still not out on UK DVD - Police Story 3!! Where the hell is it?!

DeadAlive 24th September 2009 12:30 PM

I have an old VHS of "Police Story 3 " and the crap American dubbed DVD from Mirimax. It could certainly do with a quality release. Dragon Dynasty have the rights at the moment and I think it may be out by now under the title of "Supercop ". Problem is it may be the same cut as the one Mirimax used

As for Jackie Chan films........ I think I have all of his official releases in one form or another.

Philleh 24th September 2009 01:39 PM

I can't believe they'd release that version, seeing as they pride themselves on releasing the finest releases etc. I've not got it myself, purely because it has the Supercop title!

That VHS was a favourite rental of mine back in the day :)

Splatterdragon73 25th September 2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 42532)
I can't believe they'd release that version, seeing as they pride themselves on releasing the finest releases etc.

Yeah, DD certainly screwed up with their release of PS3 but apparently the extras are supposedly quite good.
I'm personally still in two minds wether or not to buy this DVD.

The last Jackie actioner i saw was New Police Story on Sky and i really enjoyed it.
A cracking return to form imo and proved there's still life in the old dragon yet.:happy: