Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
I will have to look into this release
The DVD in question i picked up several years ago from HMV and i'll be surprised if it isn't deleted. So i would recommend you search a few online sources. Hopefully, there's bound to be a few copies left for sale somewhere on the 'net.
Old 2nd August 2010, 02:22 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I used to have a UK quad of Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger when I was a kid. I still haven't even seen the film! I wonder what happened to it??? I bet my mum threw it out or something.
Old 2nd August 2010, 04:18 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
The only exception i can think of is Arrow's very own DVD of Bruce Li's Goodbye Bruce Lee:His Last Game Of Death.

No decent extras but to be honest that's kinda expected with these Little Dragon cash-ins. But a glorious print for such a cheap and cheesy film! By far the best looking Bruce Li DVD release i've seen by a mile.
Goodbye Bruce Lee:His Last Game Of Death was also released by Celestial when they were putting out Shaws left, right & centre. They used the title 'The New Game Of Death' No English dub, just Mandarin audio with subs.

Yeah, there`s not many Bruce Li films around in good quality.
Old 3rd August 2010, 05:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I used to have a UK quad of Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger when I was a kid. I still haven't even seen the film! I wonder what happened to it??? I bet my mum threw it out or something.

Yeah I don't know what it is with mothers but they LOVE to throw all your good stuff out for some reason....
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:13 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
I used to have a UK quad of Exit The Dragon, Enter The Tiger when I was a kid. I still haven't even seen the film!
It's a shame you didn't mention this a few weeks back.

I recently gave away my old uncut VHS pre-cert of ETD,ETT to a charity shop along with a few other pre-VRA rarities!

There was a cheap (surprise, surprise!) U.K. DVD of the film issued years ago but this release contained the trimmed B.B.F.C. approved print.
Old 3rd August 2010, 06:21 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
It's a shame you didn't mention this a few weeks back.

I recently gave away my old uncut VHS pre-cert of ETD,ETT to a charity shop along with a few other pre-VRA rarities!

There was a cheap (surprise, surprise!) U.K. DVD of the film issued years ago but this release contained the trimmed B.B.F.C. approved print.
Ahh.. that's a shame!

Is the UK dvd this one? I was eyeing it after I found this thread, especially for about £2 all in..

Exit The Dragon
Old 4th August 2010, 10:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Is the UK dvd this one? I was eyeing it after I found this thread, especially for about £2 all in.URL="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Exit-Dragon-Enter-Tiger-DVD/dp/B00004SC94/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1280859561&sr=8-3"]Exit The Dragon[/URL]
That's the one. Although the copy i had featured static menus and a non-anamorphic transfer despite a claim to the contrary on the cover. The DVD i owned was also a plain white picture disc with only the film's title on in black lettering. Maybe i unknowingly picked up some sort of bootleg release and i can't even recall where i got it from.
Old 5th August 2010, 12:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

I heartily recommend new publication Here Come The Kung Fu Clones by Carl Jones.

Covering the Brucesploitation subgenre the book is well illustrated and written despite the presence of a few typos. The good thing is, Bruce Li gets pretty much half the tome devoted to him as befitting the best known 'Little Dragon' impersonator.

Of course, fellow Bruce Lee impostors Dragon Lee and Bruce Le get exposure within the book's pages but imo HCTKFC is Bruce Li's baby all the way.
Old 5th August 2010, 02:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
I heartily recommend new publication Here Come The Kung Fu Clones by Carl Jones.

Covering the Brucesploitation subgenre the book is well illustrated and written despite the presence of a few typos. The good thing is, Bruce Li gets pretty much half the tome devoted to him as befitting the best known 'Little Dragon' impersonator.

Of course, fellow Bruce Lee impostors Dragon Lee and Bruce Le get exposure within the book's pages but imo HCTKFC is Bruce Li's baby all the way.
I keep meaning to pick up a copy of that book. The last two times I tried Amazon it was out of stock though.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 6th August 2010, 10:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Try contacting forum member John Overall. That's how i obtained my copy.

I just finished reading HCTKFC last night and enjoyed it. I spotted a few mistakes here and there but nothing to detract from the book's overall entertainment value. Quite a good little read imo.

Nice to see Arrow's Goodbye Bruce Lee:His Last Game Of Death DVD getting another glowing review for PQ. This release really is the best looking Bruce Li DVD i've ever seen. A true revelation after all the cheap and crude coasters we're normally used to seeing.

Like this? Share it using the links below!