Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd October 2009, 04:35 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Default Dolph Lundgren

Any Dolph Lundgren fans in the house? Along with Van Damme and Seagal,I always look forward to his new films.Can't wait to see him in The Expendables and Universal Soldier:A New Beginning and just ordered his new film on Blu-ray,Command performance.Looks a good'un

Old 25th October 2009, 12:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

I wasn't aware of another UniSol entry and here's hoping it's as good as the first film.
Never intended to see the two stv sequels and Universal Soldier:The Return just didn't do it for me.

Dark Angel isn't too bad but i've went right off Lundgren's rendition of The Punisher.
The last two film versions of Marvel's veteran vigilante were better imo.

I believe dear 'ol Dolph is actually something of a linguist apparently capable of speaking twelve different tongues.
I also recall perusing that he possesses a degree in chemistry and was a two-time knockdown champion in Kyoshinkai Karate.

When Universal Soldier received it's theatrical premiere wasn't there a potential public punch-up between Van Damme and Lundgren? Allegedly, the two action stars were walking up a flight of stairs together when members of the media heard shouting between the pair leading to an apparent brief bust-up of the physical kind.

I'm not sure if the above is all true but i can remember reading something about this squabble in the papers.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:44 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah I think i've seen about 2 or 3 mins of one of those dreadful UniSol sequels and that was more than enoough lol

I have The punisher and Dark Angel sitting here to watch later on tonight.Haven't seen Punisher:War Zone but I have heard good things about it.Call me crazy but I like Dolph's version of the Punisher.People don't seem to rate it too highly and were dissapointed with it,especially with leaving the iconic skull off his costume.I think they went one better though,with the way his stubble has been done and the sunken dark eyes,it looks like he has the skull on his face.Ingenious if you ask me

I read as well that he's quite the drummer so looks like he could be putting his skills to use in Command Performance
Old 14th March 2010, 11:16 AM
Cultist

I have the Artisan dvd of Army of One which contains much more bloodshed than the uk Joshua Tree version and is my favourite Dolph movie by far(bloody gun fights,tasty supercars,a heavenly sidechick and Ken Foree)unfortunately a lot of stuff he`s been doing in the last while is pretty poor(sad but true).
Old 16th March 2010, 05:39 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Eevan Drago-class.

Eevan ees natoorally trained.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th March 2010, 07:51 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i watched a Showdown in Little Tokyo and Universal soldier the other day and couldn't believe that he makes the crap he does these days. He's a good actor.
Old 16th March 2010, 08:05 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think most of his recent movies have been better than the majority of Van Damme and Seagal's efforts.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:06 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Correct mate....though that wouldn't be too hard....

Bring back the Slyster!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th March 2010, 11:44 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Correct mate....though that wouldn't be too hard....

Bring back the Slyster!

And when sly is back in The Expendables,we also get more Dolph.
Old 17th March 2010, 06:39 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
And when sly is back in The Expendables,we also get more Dolph.

I`m really looking forward to that,what a cast,and if its as bloody/violent as RAMBO 4........

Like this? Share it using the links below!