Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2009, 10:15 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

There's a German R2 of the DC, whhich can be easily ordered via Austria, NOT via "amazon.de" as it's (not surprisingly) on the German "Index of Restricted Movies".

BTW: Where you aware that "Commando" received a RUSSIAN REMAKE?

It's due for release in Germany quite soon under the imaginative title "Phantom Kommando: Die Rückkehr" ("Commando: The Return")

They'll probably even get the guy who dubbed Arnie to voice the Russian lead for the German language version.

Here are some stills from the Russian redux...It DOES look quite familar, doesn't it?

http://www.gemeinschaftsforum.com/fo...44504.html#new
Old 7th December 2009, 05:28 PM
Active Cultist

No Bennett moustache though - it can never be the same!
Old 12th December 2009, 01:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Super Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
'Come on Bennett, throw away the chicken shit gun, you don't just want to pull the trigger, you want to put the knife in me, and look me in the eye, and see whats going on in there when you turn it, thats what you want to do, right?'
"Come on Bennett. Let's party!"

"I don't need the girl. I don't need the giiiirrrrllll! I'm gonna kill you Joohhnn!!
Nordicdusk likes this.

Last edited by Splatterdragon73; 13th December 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12th December 2009, 05:54 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Rae Dawn Chong.
Old 13th December 2009, 08:16 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Without doubt, my favourite Arnie flick

So much to love....!!
Old 13th December 2009, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Competition

Like the shopping mall security guard punch-up.

Pint size loverboy Sully panicking when he sees Matrix manhandling mall cops and later the diminutive romeo getting trapped inside a phone booth as he calls for help. Only to be tossed around by our hero while still in the kiosk!

I also love Matrix's burst of superhuman strength when the uniformed bunch all try to pile on top of him and the security guard who tries to impress two female shoppers with the line "Wanna see me kick some ass?"!

Great stuff!
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 27th January 2013, 01:09 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Commando has to be the best Arnie film. I have watched it so many times on vhs dvd Blu Ray any time its on tv ill watch it just cant get enough of it. I remember my father bringing home Commando posters home for me when i was a kid. Wish i still had them now.

Commandoposter.jpg poster.jpg

It was both of these.
Old 27th January 2013, 11:17 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've always preferred Predator myself, but Commando is certainly one of Arnie's best films, I love how he dispatches all those enemies without taking a bullet himself, pure classic 80's action!
Nordicdusk likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 27th January 2013, 11:23 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
I've always preferred Predator myself, but Commando is certainly one of Arnie's best films, I love how he dispatches all those enemies without taking a bullet himself, pure classic 80's action!
The amount of acrobatics in the final scenes is great bad guys doing flips and tumbles like the olympics.
Old 27th January 2013, 11:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
The amount of acrobatics in the final scenes is great bad guys doing flips and tumbles like the olympics.
Ha ha yeah, I haven't watched in ages, time for a revisit methinks
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!