Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th November 2009, 07:06 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sammo Hung is definitely the unhero unfortunately "un" is more appropiately representative of unappreciated.Yeah while he goes for more traditional "HK Silly" which may not do so well over seas however his Martial art skills is nothing short of impressive.I must say though his ability to poke fun at himself or take the low road humor wise I can appreciate.Also some may not take him as seriesly due to his girth.Hes definitely a class act much more so than the blatantly racist hypocrite Jet Li or the jerk(to his fans) Donnie Yen.

He truly is a jack of all trades movie wise with producing 45 movies,Action directing 77 movies,acting in 163 movies doing his own stunts in most of them and has recently got back into directing with HOWLING ARROW
Old 30th November 2009, 09:20 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm looking forward to "Howling Arrow". It has been delayed in post production for a while so it's been in the background while he took on action director/choreography duties in other films like "Three Kingdoms" and "Ip Man1 & 2". The guy recently had heart surgery and went straight back into work. Along with a few other projrcts he has lined up he's set to appear in a comedy horror called "V For Vampire" next year.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 30th November 2009, 11:13 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

That was back in my days as a BBC journalist - I was there to meet Jackie and Sammo to so an interview to support Hong Kong Legends DVD coverage I was doing. In the end amazingly the interview was never used - the BBC didn't rate JC and Sammo as mainstream enough. Yup
Old 30th November 2009, 12:35 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
That was back in my days as a BBC journalist - I was there to meet Jackie and Sammo to so an interview to support Hong Kong Legends DVD coverage I was doing. In the end amazingly the interview was never used - the BBC didn't rate JC and Sammo as mainstream enough. Yup
I remember those days! Ha. You and Jamie Russell were the only people I'd actually pay attention too!
Old 30th November 2009, 01:21 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Ah bless - Jamie's a good guy - I always read his stuff.
Old 30th November 2009, 02:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

You can tell from the film book thread that there are plenty more fans of his here!

As for Sammo, when are we going to get an English-friendly autobiography for the good man?
Old 30th November 2009, 03:07 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

I can't ever see him finding the time to write it - that's the only thing...
Old 1st December 2009, 05:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

As happy I would be waiting in line with you to pick it up i wouldn't hold my breath

Sadly it seems most actors like him only get credit when they're are er post active.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:25 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

He's a force of nature and in observing him - a very hard taskmaster - especially on himself.
Old 1st December 2009, 10:50 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah I heard the same thing

Like this? Share it using the links below!