All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree138Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th March 2010, 11:18 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Guess I'm the only one that likes it then.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveroughcut View Post
Try Delebrance Southern Comfort and Straw Dogs in one night, one of my favourite triviums that.
Southern Comfort, now theres a good film. Bought Deliverence a couple of weeks ago. aint seen it in years...
Old 26th March 2010, 07:17 AM
Cultist

Location: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skullsdirect/120011381348699
Default Blood and Bone

Very entertaining B-movie with an awesome Eamonn Walker (Oz) villain role. This guy deserves a LOT more roles in some big budget stuff. Great fight sequences, fast moving and fun! Be sure to watch the end credits sequence for a satisfying revenge payoff. Best fight film I have seen in months.
Old 26th March 2010, 08:25 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

agree, loved Blood and Bone, good vehicle of Michael Jai White and and yes Eamon Walker was awesome in this. Very different from Oz.
Old 27th March 2010, 10:59 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Just finished watching one of my favourite action/comedy films of the 90's,the excellent Grosse Pointe Blank.One of John Cusack's most popular films,playing the hitman having a crisis of conscience who decides to go back home to his 10 year highschool reunion while he does one last job.Some great shootouts and fight scenes including the classic death by pen fight in the school corridor.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:20 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Grosse Point Blank is my second fave non horror film, Cusack is awesome as martin Blank and even Mini Driver's not annoying in it. But for me the best thing about the film is Jeremy Piven as his old best friend. great stuff and i forgot Dan akroyed is great in this too...
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 27th March 2010, 11:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Just finished watching one of my favourite action/comedy films of the 90's,the excellent Grosse Pointe Blank.One of John Cusack's most popular films,playing the hitman having a crisis of conscience who decides to go back home to his 10 year highschool reunion while he does one last job.Some great shootouts and fight scenes including the classic death by pen fight in the school corridor.
I love Grosse Pointe Blank, an absolute classic. Must have seen it 10 times now.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 28th March 2010, 01:29 PM
Cultist

Location: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Skullsdirect/120011381348699
Default Ninja Assassin

Just watched on Region 1. Entertaining in a massive blood-soaked over the top way. Will be interesting to see what the BBFC do with this as it is really suited to a 15 in terms of plot and fairly mild language but the carnage is considerable! Also on the disc was a trailer for the Clash Of The Titans remake. The CGI of the creatures was truly terrible! Surely it can't be SO bad. Awful, TV movie-looking.
Old 28th March 2010, 07:29 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning View Post
Also on the disc was a trailer for the Clash Of The Titans remake. The CGI of the creatures was truly terrible! Surely it can't be SO bad. Awful, TV movie-looking.
Fully agree. It looks absolutely ghastly, as well as completely pointless.

The original Clash Of The Titans, plus Jason And The Argonauts, are my favourite Harryhausen films. Incidentally the master himself is 90 this year.
Old 28th March 2010, 07:55 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

The last action film I watched was Chuck Norris' "The Hitman". Early 90's Norris in one of his last really good films. Norris' well seems to have dried up now; he should take a leaf out of Bronson's book and keep making movies until he pegs it

Like this? Share it using the links below!