Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2010, 11:44 AM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I saw One Armed Swords Man yesterday. I really enjoyed it but there wasnt as much sword play action as I thought there might be. I also have Opium and the Kung Fu Masters sitting at home to watch as well.
Old 23rd May 2010, 02:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I saw One Armed Swords Man yesterday. I really enjoyed it but there wasnt as much sword play action as I thought there might be. I also have Opium and the Kung Fu Masters sitting at home to watch as well.
That came out 43years ago .Compared to movies now it's not as violent but back in the day.

Go watch Opium and the Kung Fu Masters now!!!!

Last edited by Gigantor; 23rd May 2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 23rd May 2010, 06:26 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
That came out 43years ago .Compared to movies now it's not as violent but back in the day.

Go watch Opium and the Kung Fu Masters now!!!!
I watched it the other night and it is one of the best kung fu films I have ever seen. The story is just fantastic and I love the fact that they dont just treat the issue of drug use as a black/white good/evil thing. Plus the fighting is top notch!!!!

Tonight I will be watching Five Deadly Venoms (I have high hopes for this one).
Old 23rd May 2010, 08:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

You wont be dissapointed with "The Venoms".
Old 24th May 2010, 03:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
I watched it the other night and it is one of the best kung fu films I have ever seen. The story is just fantastic and I love the fact that they dont just treat the issue of drug use as a black/white good/evil thing. Plus the fighting is top notch!!!!

Tonight I will be watching Five Deadly Venoms (I have high hopes for this one).
Glad to see you liked Opium and the Kung Fu Masters .I liked it as well.Yeah you won't be disappointed with Five Deadly Venoms.
Old 24th May 2010, 03:34 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanyang Man View Post
Shaws? On DVD? At last count I had 403 titles from what was commercially released. No bootlegs. No half-arsed PanMedia (nee: HK Flix) "grey market" editions...isn't "grey market" just another way of saying "pirated copy"? Yeah, I won't support piracy in any form.

Anyway, all originals -- majority thereof the HK IVL releases, but a good whack of Singaporean editions on the Scorpio East label as well (picked up for next to no money at all when I was in Malaysia a few months back).

I'm slowly getting through them all...but there's only so many hours in a day...
Just finding out all the titles is enough to give one brain damage let alone actually hunt them all down.Fun trying though
Old 24th May 2010, 10:32 PM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 View Post
I have about 50 IVL Shaw movies, what titles have you got?
I have 517 at the moment, I'm trying to get all the Region 3 Hong Kong IVL releases.
Old 25th May 2010, 03:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

517!!!???!!! NICE!

Everytime i go to HK iu try to pick up as many of the SB DVDS I can.
Old 25th May 2010, 03:38 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah A LOT of the titles went OOP very shortly after being released and the sad thing is I doubt they will ever be released again.While I have a handful of the Huangmei Operas DVDS don't bother with those at all.Along with with some of the SB drama dvds.As I watch more and more of The SB movieas I start to realise not everything produced by the SB Studios was great.There are a few turds in there but then as most people know they made hundreds upon hundreds of film so it was bound to happen.
Old 25th May 2010, 10:28 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Some of the dramas are really good, I've been pleasantly surprised by some of them.

Like this? Share it using the links below!