Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Machete (2010) / Machete Kills (2013) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/2820-machete-2010-machete-kills-2013-a.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th May 2010 08:30 PM

Machete (2010) / Machete Kills (2013)

Rodriguez's spoof trailer Machete, which preceded Grindhouse's Planet Terror and caused a storm implementing it's eventual creation into a full length movie is due to be released this year.

The new trailer can be found here.

Looks fun but: Lindsay Lohan? Jessica Alba? Seagull?! :twitch:

Tagney 6th May 2010 02:06 PM

Can't wait to see this movie! Instant classic!
Seagal! Johnson! Trejo! Fahey!

10 out of 10

Gojirosan 6th May 2010 02:13 PM

Looks interesting, but I don't get why with such an amazing cast you would potentially spoil everything by putting Steven Seagal in it? :confused:

That concerns me a lot. :(

Tagney 6th May 2010 03:56 PM

Seagal is an icon. U got to love him or hate him.

Gojirosan 6th May 2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tagney (Post 77840)

I hate him.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th May 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 77841)
I hate him.

I'm not a fan either, I can tolerate him but agree that he seems to be in it almost as an 'in joke'.

Plus Alba seems to act about as Mexican as Prince Charles does... not that you'd be watching for her acting abilities. ;)

The film does look fun, though it seems to me like it's lost some of the all out rawness and fun, which the initial trailer depicted.

Stephen@Cult Labs 6th May 2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

I love him.....but not in that way :lol: I make no excuse for liking him.Trailer looks good but Jessica Alba? Couldn't fight her way out of a wet paper bag....with a hole in it! :pound:

gag 7th May 2010 01:14 PM

Quote:

i dont like him either there a lot of actors i realy cannot take to and he ones and they put me off wanting to watch some films... when i fancy a film and find out actors im not keen on are in the film then i suddenly become undecided if to watch the film or not....... nicholas cage is another , not saying he a bad actor there just something about him i just cant take to

Vampix 13th May 2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

He's certainly not as charismatic and likeable as Arnie or Sly, or even Jean Claude Van Damme for that matter. :D

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th June 2010 10:13 AM

Looks like Machete will be set in the same universe as the rest of Robert Rodriguez's movies recent movies.Carlos Gallardo,Tom Savini and Rose McGowan are all reprising their roles from Planet Terror. :cool: