All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st July 2010, 09:06 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofwitches666 View Post

Whilst checking Amazon Marketplace I noticed several sellers selling copies of the heavly cut MIA release of Enter the Ninja for................... (wait for it):

from £104:95 new, from £24.49 used!

Can't imagine they'd be many takers!
I got Enter the Ninja from Cash Converters for £1 last year. If they have some more I'll buy 'em and flog 'em on amazon.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st July 2010, 11:07 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Totally with you on this one Reaps, especially if it was to contain a decent version of Enter the Ninja.

The cock fighting sequence in it's entirety would probably still cause problems for the BBFC but I'm sure all the other cuts concerned with deaths & weapons would pass fine now.
(Loving this thread by the way!)
Fortunately for me DAVE & BRAVO left the film totally intact on its satelite screenings so I recorded it from both.Any BBFC resubmission would lose at least 30 seconds from the two cock-fighting scenes.Still considerably better than the old theatrical cuts of over 5 minutes.I have the Scandanavian release on R2 & although a significant improvement on the MIA disc it was sourced from a UK theatrical print !.I also had the Dutch video & although the throwing stars (Shuriken) were not censored from the front cover like the old UK videos from RCA Columbia (including the Silver Series precert)that too was a cut BBFC theatrical print !
Old 1st July 2010, 11:09 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I taped the DAVE screening but haven't watched it. Keep meaning to transfer it to dvdr.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 1st July 2010, 12:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
There's not many movies out there that star, in my opinion, three of best actors of the cult movie genre, namely Franco Nero, Sho Kosugi & of course the lovely Susan George!
I should say four! Jeez how the hell did I forget about the legendary Christopher George!

You make it easy.
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Ninja Mission is bad. It was made in Sweden in the 80's and includes some of the worst 'acting' I have ever seen, bad camerawork and a terrible score.
I never thought much of this movie even when i was a kid. Nice VHS cover artwork but that's about it methinks!
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:44 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
Most of the best BAD Ninja flicks are IFD productions. They are usually cut and paste films (often listed as being Directed by Godfrey Ho and featuring Richard Harrison.) where they take an obscure Hong Kong or Taiwanese kung fu/gangster film and insert some white guy Ninja action.
You're right there and i believe Joseph Lai and the late Thomas Tang are also names to be avoided where bad Ninja outings are concerned.

Imo the Americans delivered the best 'shadow warrior' offerings during the '80s and the subgenre reached it's peak with the almighty Revenge Of The Ninja. Sho Kosugi was the man back in those days!
Old 3rd July 2010, 01:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
There was also THE MASTER,a US tv series starring Lee Van Cleef who was far too old for the part though Sho Kosugi was well used.
I agree and i believe there's two volumes of this title available on U.K. DVD.

The Sky station formally known as The Paranormal/Unexplained Channel (now called Showcase) screened the first two episodes of TM recently and the PQ was awful. Pretty catchy theme tune though i must admit!
Old 3rd July 2010, 08:14 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
I agree and i believe there's two volumes of this title available on U.K. DVD.

The Sky station formally known as The Paranormal/Unexplained Channel (now called Showcase) screened the first two episodes of TM recently and the PQ was awful. Pretty catchy theme tune though i must admit!
Both volumes are video to DVD conversions, so they maybe cheap to buy but I bet the PQ sucks. Pretty much like most VIPCO DVD's.

You make it easy.
Old 3rd July 2010, 09:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
You're right there and i believe Joseph Lai and the late Thomas Tang are also names to be avoided where bad Ninja outings are concerned.
Joseph Lai produced all of the Godfrey Ho films for IFD. He did occasionally take the director's seat too, but not often.

Saw Ninja The Protector a few days ago. Another bad one I'm afraid. I'm a real glutton for punnishment.

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!
Old 4th July 2010, 10:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post
Joseph Lai produced all of the Godfrey Ho films for IFD. He did occasionally take the director's seat too, but not often.
I'm not 100% sure but i believe Thomas Tang was burnt alive when the office block he was working in went up in flames.

Like this? Share it using the links below!