Old 1st August 2010, 09:16 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

French Connection
Mad Max 2
Bullitt
Any of the Bourne films,especially the first in the mini!

No one mentioned the radio controlled bomb-car in THE DEAD POOL?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st August 2010, 09:21 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

I'm glad to see the chase from THE SEVEN UPS on your list.

...but have you ever seen BLAZING MAGNUM, this is one of my favourite car chases.

Old 1st August 2010, 09:27 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

..and here's another good 'un.

Old 1st August 2010, 01:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man View Post
French Connection
Mad Max 2
Bullitt
Any of the Bourne films,especially the first in the mini!

No one mentioned the radio controlled bomb-car in THE DEAD POOL?
Never seen The Dead Pool, for some reason it's never crossed my path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
I'm glad to see the chase from THE SEVEN UPS on your list.

...but have you ever seen BLAZING MAGNUM, this is one of my favourite car chases.

Ive been wanting to see Blazing Magnum for ages but as far as im aware it's not available any where...
Old 1st August 2010, 07:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Vanishing Point all the way for me.

That 70's Dodge Challenger racing & being chased through the desert is a thing of beauty.

"This radio station was named Kowalski, in honour of the last American hero to whom speed means freedom of the soul. The question is not when's he gonna stop, but who is gonna stop him." - Supersoul

Classic!

You make it easy.
Old 1st August 2010, 09:36 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i previously called The Seven-Ups Meh, after watching it again last night with fresh eyes, ive changed that meh to a WoW, absolutely stunning police film and i may have to move the chase into fourth place as i think it's better than the french connection chase..
Old 2nd August 2010, 10:27 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi View Post
..and here's another good 'un.

Both this pursuit and the Blazing Magnums excerpt. Instant classic car chases imo and i'd love to see these films from start to finish.

I seem to recall there being some decent automobile moments in The Armour Of God and Striking Distance too although i'm not 100% sure.

Imo The Rock's car chase seems to spend more time on close-ups of Cage and Connery's faces than the actual vehicles themselves!

Apart from the two Italian clips mentioned above, i reckon The French Connection and Ronin boast some of my fave automobile action. I've never seen The Seven Ups yet despite owning the R1 DVD and Bullitt's car pursuit is totally overrated imo.

There's some nice car chases in The Transporter trilogy too if i'm right.
Old 2nd August 2010, 11:01 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

HK actioner The Beast Stalker reportedly contains a brilliant car chase. However, the apparently acclaimed vehicle pursuit in James Foley's The Corruptor did nothing for me.

There's also some suitably crazy car crash carnage in Eastern efforts Winners And Sinners and Mad Mission. I think French automobile ace Remy Julienne worked on the latter.
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Both this pursuit and the Blazing Magnums excerpt. Instant classic car chases imo and i'd love to see these films from start to finish.

I seem to recall there being some decent automobile moments in The Armour Of God and Striking Distance too although i'm not 100% sure.

Imo The Rock's car chase seems to spend more time on close-ups of Cage and Connery's faces than the actual vehicles themselves!

Apart from the two Italian clips mentioned above, i reckon The French Connection and Ronin boast some of my fave automobile action. I've never seen The Seven Ups yet despite owning the R1 DVD and Bullitt's car pursuit is totally overrated imo.

There's some nice car chases in The Transporter trilogy too if i'm right.
I agree with the Bullitt chase being a tad overated but it's the originator of on screen chases and for that and The awesome Mustang it had to go at No.3 in my countdown.

i had a lot of trouble with the Transporter because i wanted to have at least one Luc Besson Produced film on the list and it came down to the merc chase in the original Taxi and the opening chase in in Tranporter, i eventually went for Taxi as it was a slightly better chase...
Old 2nd August 2010, 12:22 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

I've never seen the Taxi films yet but i intend to. You've got to hand it to the French as they sure can choreograph an impressive car chase. Quite possibly the best in the business maybe?

Like this? Share it using the links below!