Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2011, 05:19 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I re-watched Police Story last night. I've gotta say I'm not overly keen on the comedy. Luckily the action makes up for any comedic shortfalls.

The final section when Jakie Chan goes 'off the hook', starting at the point when he takes the Police Chief hostage, is one of my very favourite sustained action sequences. It totally lives up to the crews joke title Glass Story. I never noticed Sammo Hung before, he does a great stunt where Jackie is on a motorbike and he rams Sammo though about 8 sheets of glass. Even Slina Fong gets in on the glass action, performing a dangerous looking smash though a glass cabinet. The person I fell most sorry is the uncredited stuntman who had to get thown down the moving escalator, it looks extremely dangerous. Writing this makes me want to stick the dvd in a watch the whole ending again!

After this re-watch I'm now whether I prefer this to Drunken Master II, which is the film I usually claim is my favourite slice of Chan.

What'is everyone else favourite Jakie Chan film?
Old 6th August 2011, 11:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
After this re-watch I'm now whether I prefer this to Drunken Master II, which is the film I usually claim is my favourite slice of Chan.

Easily Drunken Master 2 for me, or maybe Police Story 3 mmmmmmm too many to choose from. Actually yeah it has to be Drunken Master 2, watching it in HD really shows just how incredible the fight scenes are.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 7th August 2011, 12:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Good Lord! What a question!

Er...Drunken Master...no, Project A...no, Young Master...no...
Old 7th August 2011, 12:43 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

FATAL VACATION
Old 7th August 2011, 08:40 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Favourite JC movie, so many to choose from. But I would have to say Drunken Master 2, absolutely awesome.
Old 7th August 2011, 08:44 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Also on Friday I picked up on the 2nd hand market

MONSTER FROM A PREHISTORIC PLANET (aka GAPPA) - R1 3-D VERSION
IP MAN 2
GREEN SNAKE - any film that has Maggie Cheung and Joey Wong in it gets my vote .
Old 7th August 2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I re-watched Police Story last night... I never noticed Sammo Hung before, he does a great stunt where Jackie is on a motorbike and he rams Sammo though about 8 sheets of glass.
Just a quick note I did actually rewatch the end of Police Story and I dont think it actaully was Sammo, just another slightly chubby stunt man.
Old 7th August 2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
Easily Drunken Master 2 for me, or maybe Police Story 3 mmmmmmm too many to choose from. Actually yeah it has to be Drunken Master 2, watching it in HD really shows just how incredible the fight scenes are.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Are you wathing the region A BD? I heard the PQ wasnt great, but I guess comapred to my terrbile looking (and sounding for that matter) Hong Kong version it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 7th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Are you wathing the region A BD? I heard the PQ wasnt great, but I guess comapred to my terrbile looking (and sounding for that matter) Hong Kong version it's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black.
No it's the Region Free International Version one from Canada (under the title Legend of Drunken Master) and the PQ is stunning, well it looked it to me anyway, I'd only seen it on the GOD AWFUL HK VHS so it was a revelation for me.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 12th August 2011, 11:14 AM
Cult Rookie

Default Police story 3!!!!!

When is police story 3 coming to the uk !!! I really want it as i have the video VPD print and what another one on bluray or DVD!!

Like this? Share it using the links below!