All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th June 2012, 06:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
I have been very pleased with the stuff put out under the Cine Asia/Cine Asia Extreme marque.

A fine company.
Agreed! I have enjoyed watching DETECTIVE DEE, LEGEND OF FONG SAI YUK & TAI CHI MASTER recently and have been pleased with the transfers to BD considering the state of some of the older HK prints.

I'm also enjoying their HKL releases on DVD. Especially the re-releases of the superbit editions which I failed to pick up when they came out first time round such as LAST HURRAH FOR CHIVALRY, HAND OF DEATH, THE PROTECTOR etc

Lets hope they keep up the good work!

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 26th June 2012, 06:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Agreed! I have enjoyed watching DETECTIVE DEE, LEGEND OF FONG SAI YUK & TAI CHI MASTER recently and have been pleased with the transfers to BD considering the state of some of the older HK prints.

I'm also enjoying their HKL releases on DVD. Especially the re-releases of the superbit editions which I failed to pick up when they came out first time round such as LAST HURRAH FOR CHIVALRY, HAND OF DEATH, THE PROTECTOR etc

Lets hope they keep up the good work!
I have Hand Of Death and Hapkido from their 1st time releases and at least the dvd covers are better this time round. I have still got to get Cine Asia films on Blu.
oaxaca likes this.
Old 26th June 2012, 08:40 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Anyone got New Fist of Fury, the original ultrabit release that they'd be willing to sell me now that it's been reissued by Cine Asia?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 27th June 2012, 05:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I have Hand Of Death and Hapkido from their 1st time releases and at least the dvd covers are better this time round. I have still got to get Cine Asia films on Blu.
Hapkido was never re-released so there is no new cover.
Old 3rd July 2012, 11:23 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Just grabbed the following CA DVDs for £6 each from HMV the other day:

Brotherhood
The Big Boss
The Front Line
Game Of Death
1911 Revolution

and Game Of Death 2.

I'm not generally a fan of war movies unless they're of Italian exploitation variety but i admit to enjoying Korea's recent bullets 'n' bombs offerings. Imo it's so nice and refreshing to see Eastern war films that can easily compete with British and American efforts.
Old 3rd July 2012, 02:48 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Just grabbed the following CA DVDs for £6 each from HMV the other day:

Brotherhood
The Big Boss
The Front Line
Game Of Death
1911 Revolution

and Game Of Death 2.

I'm not generally a fan of war movies unless they're of Italian exploitation variety but i admit to enjoying Korea's recent bullets 'n' bombs offerings. Imo it's so nice and refreshing to see Eastern war films that can easily compete with British and American efforts.
Ooo didn;t realise GAME OF DEATH 2 was out, I need that one. Will also be picking up WHEELS ON MEALS next time I venture into HMV

Blu Rays ---- Vinyl ---- For Sale / Trade ---- Blu Spaghetti
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:03 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Wheels on Meals is a lot of fun...

Must post this vid,can't help myself.

Old 4th July 2012, 08:37 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Ooo didn;t realise GAME OF DEATH 2 was out, I need that one. Will also be picking up WHEELS ON MEALS next time I venture into HMV.
I've always enjoyed GOD2 despite it's shortcomings and more for the film's superb second half than the first. In a nutshell, once Billy Lo bites the dust then things pick up immensely when Bobby Lo arrives on the scene. Many moons ago i watched GOD2 four times in as many nights!

WOM was indeed also available in HMV but i'm unsure for how much. However, i'm confident the price would be around £6 give or take. Go for 'em both!
Old 4th July 2012, 08:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Wheels on Meals is a lot of fun...
Indeed it is despite the movie taking it's time to get going imo. However, once the fists 'n' feet start flying then things get great and there's no denying the entertainment value of the final reel Jackie vs. Benny battle. A fantastic fight make no mistake although i still think Yuen Biao is underused in the film.

Don't forget the DDG Lola Forner too!
bdc likes this.
Old 5th July 2012, 02:12 PM
Cult Acolyte

I reckon these could do with a good clean up and get release by Cine

The films from the Mill Creek 50 Martial Arts pack - havent watched any yet but pick the good ones and try to purusade them to release them

Like this? Share it using the links below!