Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure

Like Tree20Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 16th October 2010, 03:06 PM
Cultist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
The only bad thing about Cine Asia... INTERLACED.
No on thier Blus, I don't believe, I have about half a dozen Cine Asia Blu-rays, hey are perfectly adequate, cheap, and region free for us Yanks.
__________________
Josh

Twitch - We Know Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 16th October 2010, 07:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
No on thier Blus, I don't believe, I have about half a dozen Cine Asia Blu-rays, hey are perfectly adequate, cheap, and region free for us Yanks.
I was talking about dvds...

But now that you mentioned, Machine Girl Blu has got to have the worst transfer in history of the format.

Donīt forget that some Cine Asia Blus are ports of Dragon Dynasty and they are famous for releasing interlaced blus.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 16th October 2010, 07:54 PM
Cultist
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
I was talking about dvds...

But now that you mentioned, Machine Girl Blu has got to have the worst transfer in history of the format.

Donīt forget that some Cine Asia Blus are ports of Dragon Dynasty and they are famous for releasing interlaced blus.
Well, in their defense, DD hasn't put out an interlaced Blu since their first two releases. The last 9 have been 1080p. They have other issues, but I think the interlaced Blu-ray problem is behind them. I hope so anyway. Machine Girl never looked good, I've seen it on DVD and theatrically and the transfer was never okay.
__________________
Josh

Twitch - We Know Stuff
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 16th October 2010, 09:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombeaner View Post
Well, in their defense, DD hasn't put out an interlaced Blu since their first two releases. The last 9 have been 1080p. They have other issues, but I think the interlaced Blu-ray problem is behind them. I hope so anyway. Machine Girl never looked good, I've seen it on DVD and theatrically and the transfer was never okay.
Machine Girl on blu looks worst than the dvd.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10th May 2011, 01:59 PM
pedromonkey's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Capital Of Wales...
Blog Entries: 12
Default

Here's my review for upcoming Cine-asia release YOUNG BRUCE LEE

YOUNG BRUCE LEE (2010)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10th May 2011, 04:57 PM
dream demon's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Interlaced is the old method... all dvds should be progressive now.

Interlaced
Interlace - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Progressive
Progressive scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
AH-HA! Thanks for the links - now I know why at one point in particular during Ip Man I noticed some of that 'combing' effect during a particularly fast movement - it must have been my TV trying to deinterlace the image. Other than that though, I thought the picture looked excellent .
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10th May 2011, 06:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
AH-HA! Thanks for the links - now I know why at one point in particular during Ip Man I noticed some of that 'combing' effect during a particularly fast movement - it must have been my TV trying to deinterlace the image. Other than that though, I thought the picture looked excellent .
That must be some problem in the original encoding because my computer says the Ip Man 1 has progressive encoding.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10th June 2011, 09:19 PM
dream demon's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.
Default

Cine Asia fans may want to check out their local Sainsbury's. Today I picked up 5 films for only Ģ2 each. I found -

Invisble Target 2 disc
Robin-B-Hood 2 disc
Force of Five
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk
Beast Stalker 2 disc
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10th June 2011, 11:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Cine Asia fans may want to check out their local Sainsbury's. Today I picked up 5 films for only Ģ2 each. I found -

Invisble Target 2 disc
Robin-B-Hood 2 disc
Force of Five
The Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk
Beast Stalker 2 disc
And all of them excellent movies...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12th June 2011, 07:05 PM
Bringer Of Funerals's Avatar
Cult Acolyte
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Middlesbrough
Blog Entries: 80
Default

I'm going to mine on tues
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.