Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2011, 08:23 PM
Cult Rookie

I've been going CA-crazy lately. I've bought all the releases up till now (still waiting for some from Amazon UK). I'm thinking of selling my Australian HKL's since the CA re-releases have better looking covers and come in more durable cases.

I hope CA releases a new Drunken Master or Snake in the Eagle's Shadow with that unused Hwang Jang Lee interview.

Also, why is it that the CA website only lists the single-disc editions of Dragon Tiger Gate and Flashpoint? Did they discontinue the 2-disc editions? Are there any other titles that have had this happen?
Old 3rd November 2011, 11:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

I bought FLASH POINT the 2 disc edition at Poundland
Old 3rd November 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
You serious?
Absolutely and yours truly was hoping you'd notice my previous post as it was submitted with you in mind!

CA are reissuing a good few JC outings in the new year along with some further Bruce Lee and Jet Li efforts. I think there's roughly four or so titles coming out each month. My advice? Don't buy straight away on the release date. Give it two or three months and you'll most probably obtain the DVDs you want in HMV for around a fiver. From past experience, i've found Morrisons often charge £7 for a CA-HKL reissue on day one! Yours truly played the waiting game with the first wave of CA-HKL titles and saved myself quite a bit recently. Tbh i only really pick up these editions for the revamped covers but i don't mind when the price is right. Where CA releases are concerned patience is a virtue, believe me.
Old 3rd November 2011, 04:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Absolutely and yours truly was hoping you'd notice my previous post as it was submitted with you in mind!

CA are reissuing a good few JC outings in the new year along with some further Bruce Lee and Jet Li efforts. I think there's roughly four or so titles coming out each month. My advice? Don't buy straight away on the release date. Give it two or three months and you'll most probably obtain the DVDs you want in HMV for around a fiver. From past experience, i've found Morrisons often charge £7 for a CA-HKL reissue on day one! Yours truly played the waiting game with the first wave of CA-HKL titles and saved myself quite a bit recently. Tbh i only really pick up these editions for the revamped covers but i don't mind when the price is right. Where CA releases are concerned patience is a virtue, believe me.
You the man

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 4th November 2011, 01:02 AM
Cult Rookie

Got in the mail today:

Brotherhood
Fatal Move
Missing
Prisoner 701 Sasori
Old 4th November 2011, 05:41 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnHST View Post
I've been going CA-crazy lately. I hope CA releases a new Drunken Master or Snake In The Eagle's Shadow with that unused Hwang Jang Lee interview.

Also, why is it that the CA website only lists the single-disc editions of Dragon Tiger Gate and Flashpoint? Did they discontinue the 2-disc editions?
I tend to go on CA spending sprees also and hope a double-DVD Eastern Condors comes our way too as well as the above two kung fu classics.

Yours truly can only assume the two-disc sets of DTG and F probably are indeed now deleted. If so, thank God i purchased two copies of each of 'em even though i also own the superior U.S. releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I bought FLASH POINT the 2 disc edition at Poundland
Undoubtedly a total bargain buy there and well worth a look at such a pocket-friendly price. Nice one.
Old 4th November 2011, 05:50 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnHST View Post
Got in the mail today:

Brotherhood
Fatal Move
Missing
Prisoner 701 Sasori
I've only seen some of the first title but look forward to watching the film from start to finish sooner or later and this is coming from someone not normally big on war movies!

Yours truly also caught FM a while back and quite enjoyed it. Not an all-out Asian action classic but worthy of repeated viewings imo. I also may well give M a go if the opportunity arises but tbh i'm not too bothered whether i see P701S or not.
Old 4th November 2011, 02:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

Anyone seen the Shaolin film, it keeps jumping out at me wanting me to buy it
Old 4th November 2011, 04:21 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Haven't seen Shaolin yet.

Bought Heroes Shed No Tears this afternoon. Saw Dragon Lord in HMV and couldn't remember if I had the original HKL release (I do). Thank God I didn't buy it today!
Old 5th November 2011, 12:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Anyone seen the Shaolin film, it keeps jumping out at me wanting me to buy it
Looks good but i'm waiting for the price to come down before i buy.
Bennyj75 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!