Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Action & Adventure
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th October 2012, 05:38 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I've already got a few of those when they originally came out.
Yours truly grabbed all of 'em when they were initially issued along with backup copies at later dates all of which i still own now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Can't complain they are re-releasing, will be able to get them cheap in a few months.
Very true if these re-releases don't come out cheap in the first instant like CA's earlier HKL output did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
With these just being re-releases, it's a pity Battle Creek Brawl will (probably) still be missing the double ear clap, which would pass no problem now.
This was the sole reason yours truly snapped up Fox's R1 DVD purely for it's uncut status and i keep the U.K. edition for the extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
My Lucky Stars had a rape joke cut out also.
Another American DVD release i purchased because it's complete compared to it's British counterpart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturnHST View Post
Yeah, usually they'll do 1 or 2 new releases and a batch of HKL/Premier Asia re-issues.
They certainly do although CA have been quite quiet recently imo and that's generally not a good sign.
Old 9th October 2012, 06:14 AM
Cult Master

This is probably a really silly question, but is Cine Asia what the old Hong Kong Legends evolved into?

The reason I'm asking us because I was browsing round a second hand shop, and they had both the CA and HKL 2-disc versions of 'Dragons Forever'. They both carried exactly the same special features

Apart from the cover image, and back design, the only real difference was the price. One was £15 and the other was £4!!!!

Needless to say, I got the cheap one!!!!!!!!!!!

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th October 2012, 07:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
This is probably a really silly question, but is Cine Asia what the old Hong Kong Legends evolved into?

The reason I'm asking us because I was browsing round a second hand shop, and they had both the CA and HKL 2-disc versions of 'Dragons Forever'. They both carried exactly the same special features

Apart from the cover image, and back design, the only real difference was the price. One was £15 and the other was £4!!!!

Needless to say, I got the cheap one!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah it is, HKL went bust yrs ago and has now come out as Cine Asia so thats why they are re releasing HKL films
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 10th October 2012, 05:45 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
I believe shortly before they shut up shop, HKL had not long signed an agreement with Golden Harvest to release around 150 of the studio's titles in the U.K. over a 5 year period. It's a shame this deal was never fully realised.
Old 15th February 2013, 01:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Does anybody know where I can get "Iron Fisted Monk" and "In The Line Of Duty"? Those are the only Cine Asia releases I'm missing. I checked Amazon UK but they don't have them. I tried ordering from Yesasia but they cancelled and said they couldn't get any in stock. It seems like they only made a few pressings then pulled the plug.
Old 15th February 2013, 09:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

I have heard some rumours that Cine Asia may be in financial trouble (like many small labels at the moment). I hope this isn't true, but if it is maybe this is the reason there aren't any new stock of some titles?
Old 15th February 2013, 09:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Could this be the end of Cine-Asia? | easternkicks.com
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 15th February 2013, 10:18 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Does anybody know where I can get "Iron Fisted Monk" and "In The Line Of Duty"? Those are the only Cine Asia releases I'm missing. I checked Amazon UK but they don't have them. I tried ordering from Yesasia but they cancelled and said they couldn't get any in stock. It seems like they only made a few pressings then pulled the plug.
Better to import the HKL version from Australia as they are ridiculous cheap.

"Iron Fisted Monk"
Iron-Fisted Monk - Special Collector's Edition (Hong Kong Legends)

"In The Line Of Duty"
In The Line Of Duty - Special Collector's Edition (Hong Kong Legends)
Old 16th February 2013, 02:58 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by springjack View Post
Better to import the HKL version from Australia as they are ridiculous cheap.

"Iron Fisted Monk"
Iron-Fisted Monk - Special Collector's Edition (Hong Kong Legends)

"In The Line Of Duty"
In The Line Of Duty - Special Collector's Edition (Hong Kong Legends)
I do have those but I'm trying to complete my Cine Asia full set.
Old 16th February 2013, 06:58 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
I do have those but I'm trying to complete my Cine Asia full set.
I know on the CEX website its a picture of the HKL version but might be worth ordering it in case its the Cineasia version as they don't tend to duplicate films on their system

http://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=5032438505692

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html

Like this? Share it using the links below!