Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Chuck Norris Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/4387-chuck-norris-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th November 2011 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 200995)
Think Ol' Chuck has had some cosmetic jobs?

I read a while back thst he has had work done on his eyes. They're mighty thin now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk

Splatterdragon73 11th December 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 197428)
INVASION USA in 7 minutes

Invasion U S A in 7 Minutes - YouTube

I must admit after watching the above footage i fancy seeing IUSA again but is the film available uncut on U.K. DVD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 201000)
I read a while back thst he has had work done on his eyes. They're mighty thin now.

Yours truly caught the relevant Warcraft commercial for the first time last night and thought Norris looked thinner all over! Betcha he's still capable of kicking butt, though despite his advancing years.:)

Anth 28th April 2012 07:37 PM

I simply cannot believe how CODE OF SILENCE is not top. And while on the subject why Way of the Dragon did not make a mention.

Fine he was the villian in it. But if people posted a poll of what is Alan Rickman's best movie I can bet top would be Die Hard and second Robin Hood.

Norris has made some great mindless action movies. Delta Force and Invasion USA the top two of those.

But Code of Silence is just the epic drama that I just get blown away every time when watching.

When I think of Chuck Norris I think of the scene in the bar and then court room being the only one trying to out the dirty cop when everyone else is siding with the dirty cop. That is Norris' persona to a tee for me.

oaxaca 28th April 2012 08:08 PM

Norris is a Legend! Great to see he's in Expendables 2, thats the only reason I'm going to watch it. Gonna stick on MIA 2 in a min to celebrate :D I reckon Norris' best film is probably Eye for an Eye (great cast and story) but Code of Silence/hero and the terror/several others vie for the number 1 spot too if you ask me

Hawkmonger 29th April 2012 09:29 AM

http://p.twimg.com/AizDuY3CEAAsA8t.jpg

Bringer Of Funerals 29th April 2012 05:01 PM

im going to collect his films

Daemonia 30th April 2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 237089)
im going to collect his films

Norris will break your face if you don't.

oaxaca 30th April 2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 237190)
Norris will break your face if you don't.

... And then he'll put it back together just to break it again.

MGM MovieTime collection features a lot of his films like the Delta Forces, the Missing In Action's, Code of Silence, Hero & Terror (R1 DVD only?), Invasion USA, etc... Optimum have released Eye for an Eye too.

Def. get Delta Force... When I ran the DVD through the PS3 the upscaling made it look like a blu ray! PQ was superb.

scribbler 2nd May 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 203017)
I must admit after watching the above footage i fancy seeing IUSA again but is the film available uncut on U.K. DVD?

Yes, the MGM 2005 R2 is uncut : BBFC Cuts I

Speaking of cuts, does anybody know if the US disc of 'Silent Rage' is playable here (the UK disc is cut)? It has the dreaded RCE (Region Coding Enhancement :mmph:) and might not even play in a multi-region player.

Anth 2nd May 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribbler (Post 237734)
Speaking of cuts, does anybody know if the US disc of 'Silent Rage' is playable here (the UK disc is cut)? It has the dreaded RCE (Region Coding Enhancement :mmph:) and might not even play in a multi-region player.

I have this and it played ok. I have not watched it recently though. Last time I watched it was possible 5/6 years ago.

scribbler 2nd May 2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth (Post 237737)
I have this and it played ok. I have not watched it recently though. Last time I watched it was possible 5/6 years ago.

Cheers. I give it a shot. It's only 4 quid from Moviemars, so even if it doesn't play I've only lost the price of a pint.

Andra Jai 3rd May 2012 06:15 PM

What has Chuck Norris got it common with a bus?

Before you try and figure it out, this is not some feeble attempt at yet another Chuck Norris joke, it's just that like buses, you seem to wait forever for a Chuck Norris Blu-ray release and then suddenly a number of them appear all at the same time.

In addition to the Missing in Action and Delta Force releases, July the 17th will see Blu-ray releases of Lone Wolf McQuade and Code of Silence.

Definitely a good time to be a Chuck Norris fan right now

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd May 2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 238308)

Before you try and figure it out, this is not some feeble attempt at yet another Chuck Norris joke, it's just that like buses, you seem to wait forever for a Chuck Norris Blu-ray release and then suddenly a number of them appear all at the same time.

In addition to the Missing in Action and Delta Force releases, July the 17th will see Blu-ray releases of Lone Wolf McQuade and Code of Silence.

More generic pieces of shit artwork! No thanks!

oaxaca 3rd May 2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 238308)

Sod the artwork, I'm buying into some Hi-Def Norris action!

Andra Jai 3rd May 2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 238312)
More generic pieces of shit artwork! No thanks!

I don't give a monkeys toss what the cover looks like, I don't make a habit of sitting and watching the cover art for 90 mins, only the film itself.

Norris vs Carradine in HD, they could use a cover design featuring the pair of them holding hands and skipping down the street together for all I care, but its a definite day 1 purchase for me.

Code of Silence I can't remember so that will take a Youtube investigation to see if I will give it a go.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd May 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 238399)
I don't give a monkeys toss what the cover looks like, I don't make a habit of sitting and watching the cover art for 90 mins, only the film itself.

And neither do people who appreciate decent artwork.;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 238407)

I think we're in the minority here Reaps. I might pic them up at some point, throw away the BD covers, and stick the discs in with my dvds. :lol:

Andra Jai 4th May 2012 05:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 238407)

well I certainly appreciate decent artwork mate, I have about 2000 full size poster scans here as well as my facebook group movie poster art.

I could understand the issue if you have your blu-ray covers facing forward on display but once they are filed next to each other in line you can only see the artwork when taking it out to get to the disc

Anyway here's a couple of originals for you

Andra Jai 4th May 2012 05:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
And for comparison here are the covers on the 2 blu-rays

In fairness I do have to agree that the original artwork obliterates the new ones especially Lone Wolf McQuade however personally it doesn't bother me enough to prevent a purchase.

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 238440)
And for comparison here are the covers on the 2 blu-rays

In fairness I do have to agree that the original artwork obliterates the new ones especially Lone Wolf McQuade however personally it doesn't bother me enough to prevent a purchase.

They'e up to MGM's usual standards. I'd really like to know what idiots they have working on their marketing department. Because they need fired, ASAFP!

Steel76 4th May 2012 02:27 PM

As long as we have been waiting for these Chuck Norris movies on BD, I wouldn´t even care if they came in brown paperbags, or wrapped in toilet paper ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 238582)
As long as we have been waiting for these Chuck Norris movies on BD, I wouldn´t even care if they came in brown paperbags, or wrapped in toilet paper ;)

I would! For now, they can stick them up their arses! :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th May 2012 07:09 PM

:lol::clap:

However,the Chuckster in Hi Def is hard to resist......think MGM will sell us the discs without the covers?:lol:

I'll wait to they drop in price....or to I see what the wonderful land of Deutchland has to offer.......;)

Steel76 4th May 2012 11:28 PM

Cool coverart is a nice bonus, but if the cover is more important than the movie itself, then haven´t this cover fetish gone a little bit too far ;)

Oh well, to each their own :)

This is nothing new though, as re-releases of classic Hollywood movies on DVD/BD usually have crappy photoshop covers.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th May 2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 238821)
This is nothing new though, as re-releases of classic Hollywood movies on DVD/BD usually have crappy photoshop covers.

Which is why I avoid them like the plague and go for releases with better artwork, even if they cost more and have less, or no extras features. :)

Bringer Of Funerals 5th May 2012 09:23 AM

Its going to cost me £100 for the majority - bar 1 or 2 films of the Chuck Norris filmography

Pete 8th May 2012 12:12 PM

A FORCE OF ONE is getting a 16/9 widescreen release in Italy:

DVD La polvere degli angeli Paul Aaron Quadrifoglio :: Kultvideo ::

Anth 8th May 2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 240003)
A FORCE OF ONE is getting a 16/9 widescreen release in Italy:

DVD La polvere degli angeli Paul Aaron Quadrifoglio :: Kultvideo ::

This has been on SkyHD in 1080i widescreen so I would say hold off for a Blu-ray or just watch it on Sky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 238441)
They'e up to MGM's usual standards. I'd really like to know what idiots they have working on their marketing department. Because they need fired, ASAFP!

Buy the Blu-Ray and stick the disk in the DVD box. Problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 238399)
Code of Silence I can't remember so that will take a Youtube investigation to see if I will give it a go.

Its his best film by a considerable way. Its the only one that is a day 1 purchase for me. Its one of my favourite action movies too.

Watch the Siskel and Ebert review of it. They loved it. It feels good when serious reviewers like movies that everyone in the real world likes as opposed to pretending they are above all that and trying to force pretentious rubbish onto us.

Siskel & Ebert At the Movies 1985-Code of Silence - YouTube

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th May 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth (Post 240010)
Buy the Blu-Ray and stick the disk in the DVD box. Problem solved.

Already considering this. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th May 2012 12:45 PM

In my opinion those two bd covers are far superior to most of the modern day cut and paste jobs.

ReturnToZero 8th May 2012 07:53 PM

Total wimp. The Anthropophagus would make him shit his pants. Beware!

http://www.cult-cinema.ru/pictures/s...opophagus7.jpg

oaxaca 11th May 2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReturnToZero (Post 240180)

Hah, Chuck would eat him for breakfast!

Ah dear, just watching HERO AND THE TERROR and the dialogue has me crying with laughter. Its up there with late 80s Bronson material for 1 liner genius!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 11th May 2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

****,thought the Chuckster had signed up for a JUST FOR MEN ad there! :shocked: :laugh:

J Harker 5th June 2012 10:51 AM

The Octagon and A Force Of One are out on blu later this year. Presumably to tie in with The Norris's first cinema outing in a thousand years.

Andra Jai 5th June 2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Chucks already faced and beaten his own version of Anthropophagus, see Silent Rage for how that went down.

Bringer Of Funerals 15th June 2012 12:32 PM

Have u seen the Hitler episode with Chuck Norris

Andra Jai 17th June 2012 10:54 AM

For anyone thinking of getting the MIA blu-rays, I have posted a full review on my site.

The transfers are excellent and they are region free.

Well worth getting if you like the films

mercury 10th October 2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 121755)
Did I ever think I'd live to see the day I'd post in 'The Chuck Norris Thread'! My dad is actually the big Chuck Norris fan in the family. I've seen most of his classic early/mid 80's stuff but not for a long time. I'll have to do some borrowing when I get back but off the top of my head, Invasion USA for it's sheer ridiculousness and Eye For An Eye are probably two of the better ones.

I've had to watch this almost weekly on TV for the best part of two years though. :lol:

YouTube - Chuck Norris Total Gym

Just getting back into Chuck recently after seeing him in the Expendables 2 so thought I'd visit this thread. I must admit I have one of those Total gyms and it was after watching Chuck advertise it on one of the sky shopping channels years ago that I had to get one:) I don't use it at the moment as I am space restricted, but I have to say that it is very good ;)

harryd 5th December 2012 08:28 PM

just watched silent rage, not exactly what I expected, more of a horror kind of thing but still pretty good, and who couldnt love that poster! Silent Rage (1982) - IMDb

Susan Foreman 5th December 2012 08:52 PM

Said it before, and no doubt I''ll say it again

Chuck Norris wears women's underwear...probably!