Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Chuck Norris Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/4387-chuck-norris-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th November 2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 200995)
Think Ol' Chuck has had some cosmetic jobs?

I read a while back thst he has had work done on his eyes. They're mighty thin now.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE using Tapatalk

Splatterdragon73 11th December 2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 197428)
INVASION USA in 7 minutes

Invasion U S A in 7 Minutes - YouTube

I must admit after watching the above footage i fancy seeing IUSA again but is the film available uncut on U.K. DVD?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 201000)
I read a while back thst he has had work done on his eyes. They're mighty thin now.

Yours truly caught the relevant Warcraft commercial for the first time last night and thought Norris looked thinner all over! Betcha he's still capable of kicking butt, though despite his advancing years.:)

Anth 28th April 2012 07:37 PM

I simply cannot believe how CODE OF SILENCE is not top. And while on the subject why Way of the Dragon did not make a mention.

Fine he was the villian in it. But if people posted a poll of what is Alan Rickman's best movie I can bet top would be Die Hard and second Robin Hood.

Norris has made some great mindless action movies. Delta Force and Invasion USA the top two of those.

But Code of Silence is just the epic drama that I just get blown away every time when watching.

When I think of Chuck Norris I think of the scene in the bar and then court room being the only one trying to out the dirty cop when everyone else is siding with the dirty cop. That is Norris' persona to a tee for me.

oaxaca 28th April 2012 08:08 PM

Norris is a Legend! Great to see he's in Expendables 2, thats the only reason I'm going to watch it. Gonna stick on MIA 2 in a min to celebrate :D I reckon Norris' best film is probably Eye for an Eye (great cast and story) but Code of Silence/hero and the terror/several others vie for the number 1 spot too if you ask me

Hawkmonger 29th April 2012 09:29 AM

http://p.twimg.com/AizDuY3CEAAsA8t.jpg

Bringer Of Funerals 29th April 2012 05:01 PM

im going to collect his films

Daemonia 30th April 2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 237089)
im going to collect his films

Norris will break your face if you don't.

oaxaca 30th April 2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 237190)
Norris will break your face if you don't.

... And then he'll put it back together just to break it again.

MGM MovieTime collection features a lot of his films like the Delta Forces, the Missing In Action's, Code of Silence, Hero & Terror (R1 DVD only?), Invasion USA, etc... Optimum have released Eye for an Eye too.

Def. get Delta Force... When I ran the DVD through the PS3 the upscaling made it look like a blu ray! PQ was superb.

scribbler 2nd May 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 203017)
I must admit after watching the above footage i fancy seeing IUSA again but is the film available uncut on U.K. DVD?

Yes, the MGM 2005 R2 is uncut : BBFC Cuts I

Speaking of cuts, does anybody know if the US disc of 'Silent Rage' is playable here (the UK disc is cut)? It has the dreaded RCE (Region Coding Enhancement :mmph:) and might not even play in a multi-region player.

Anth 2nd May 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scribbler (Post 237734)
Speaking of cuts, does anybody know if the US disc of 'Silent Rage' is playable here (the UK disc is cut)? It has the dreaded RCE (Region Coding Enhancement :mmph:) and might not even play in a multi-region player.

I have this and it played ok. I have not watched it recently though. Last time I watched it was possible 5/6 years ago.