Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Chuck Norris Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/4387-chuck-norris-thread.html)

Steel76 4th May 2012 02:27 PM

As long as we have been waiting for these Chuck Norris movies on BD, I wouldn´t even care if they came in brown paperbags, or wrapped in toilet paper ;)

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th May 2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 238582)
As long as we have been waiting for these Chuck Norris movies on BD, I wouldn´t even care if they came in brown paperbags, or wrapped in toilet paper ;)

I would! For now, they can stick them up their arses! :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 4th May 2012 07:09 PM

:lol::clap:

However,the Chuckster in Hi Def is hard to resist......think MGM will sell us the discs without the covers?:lol:

I'll wait to they drop in price....or to I see what the wonderful land of Deutchland has to offer.......;)

Steel76 4th May 2012 11:28 PM

Cool coverart is a nice bonus, but if the cover is more important than the movie itself, then haven´t this cover fetish gone a little bit too far ;)

Oh well, to each their own :)

This is nothing new though, as re-releases of classic Hollywood movies on DVD/BD usually have crappy photoshop covers.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th May 2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel76 (Post 238821)
This is nothing new though, as re-releases of classic Hollywood movies on DVD/BD usually have crappy photoshop covers.

Which is why I avoid them like the plague and go for releases with better artwork, even if they cost more and have less, or no extras features. :)

Bringer Of Funerals 5th May 2012 09:23 AM

Its going to cost me £100 for the majority - bar 1 or 2 films of the Chuck Norris filmography

Pete 8th May 2012 12:12 PM

A FORCE OF ONE is getting a 16/9 widescreen release in Italy:

DVD La polvere degli angeli Paul Aaron Quadrifoglio :: Kultvideo ::

Anth 8th May 2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 240003)
A FORCE OF ONE is getting a 16/9 widescreen release in Italy:

DVD La polvere degli angeli Paul Aaron Quadrifoglio :: Kultvideo ::

This has been on SkyHD in 1080i widescreen so I would say hold off for a Blu-ray or just watch it on Sky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 238441)
They'e up to MGM's usual standards. I'd really like to know what idiots they have working on their marketing department. Because they need fired, ASAFP!

Buy the Blu-Ray and stick the disk in the DVD box. Problem solved.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 238399)
Code of Silence I can't remember so that will take a Youtube investigation to see if I will give it a go.

Its his best film by a considerable way. Its the only one that is a day 1 purchase for me. Its one of my favourite action movies too.

Watch the Siskel and Ebert review of it. They loved it. It feels good when serious reviewers like movies that everyone in the real world likes as opposed to pretending they are above all that and trying to force pretentious rubbish onto us.

Siskel & Ebert At the Movies 1985-Code of Silence - YouTube

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th May 2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anth (Post 240010)
Buy the Blu-Ray and stick the disk in the DVD box. Problem solved.

Already considering this. :)

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th May 2012 12:45 PM

In my opinion those two bd covers are far superior to most of the modern day cut and paste jobs.