Cult Acolyte

I have the Prism Timecop
Old 13th November 2011, 10:44 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
I have the Prism Timecop
I sought out the Universal DVD especially. This is all a little irrelevant if you have a Blu-ray player! I've no intention of upgrading though.

Van Damme worked with some dependable or great directors (Woo, Hark, Lam, Hyams, Emmerich), which is quite unusual for a not-quite A-list action actor. I suppose he was kind of mid-field - bellow the likes of Schwarzenegger and Stallone but above Lundgren and Seagal.

He's been in some enjoyable films.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
Timecop is available on BD in the UK, and uncut.

Oooo, good man and cheers. I take it there's no extras on this release as per the U.S. edition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
You must have either the Prism of Boulevard DVD, both of which are non-anamorphic. The Universal DVD is anamorphic and looks a lot better ;-)
Actually no, my Timecop DVD is the Universal issue and looks the same as the LD print from what i recall. The same label's HT DVD is non-anamorphic, though and i own this one too.
Old 13th November 2011, 10:56 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Van Damme worked with some dependable or great directors (Woo, Hark, Lam, Hyams, Emmerich), which is quite unusual for a not-quite A-list action actor. I suppose he was kind of mid-field - bellow the likes of Schwarzenegger and Stallone but above Lundgren and Seagal. He's been in some enjoyable films.
Quite so and there's no denying the pedigree of some of the filmmakers Van The Man worked with back in his Hollywood heyday. He was definitely not in the same league as Arnie and Sly but like you say, bigger than Lundgren and Norris for that matter. However, imo 'The Muscles From Brussels' always occupied the action movie scale on the same level as Seagal. Probably because they both hit it big in cinemas roughly around the same time.
Old 13th November 2011, 01:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

I went through a faze of buying every Van Damme film on dvd
Old 13th November 2011, 10:26 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Oooo, good man and cheers. I take it there's no extras on this release as per the U.S. edition?

Actually no, my Timecop DVD is the Universal issue and looks the same as the LD print from what i recall. The same label's HT DVD is non-anamorphic, though and i own this one too.
There were two Universal UK discs. The first when the company's films were distributed by Columbia/TriStar and the second followed a couple of years later
Old 13th November 2011, 10:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Quite so and there's no denying the pedigree of some of the filmmakers Van The Man worked with back in his Hollywood heyday. He was definitely not in the same league as Arnie and Sly but like you say, bigger than Lundgren and Norris for that matter. However, imo 'The Muscles From Brussels' always occupied the action movie scale on the same level as Seagal. Probably because they both hit it big in cinemas roughly around the same time.
I know what you mean about Seagal but Andrew Davis aside, his films were made by jobbing directors for hire, rather than accomplished filmmakers like Hark, Woo and Hyams.
Old 14th November 2011, 05:55 AM
Cult Acolyte

Smile

Quote:
There were two Universal UK discs. The first when the company's films were distributed by Columbia/TriStar and the second followed a couple of years later.
I believe my Timecop DVD is the original release so i may try to track down the reissue. Cheers!

Quote:
I know what you mean about Seagal but Andrew Davis aside, his films were made by jobbing directors for hire, rather than accomplished filmmakers like Hark, Woo and Hyams.
Most definitely but i do think outta both Van Damme and Seagal's early hit parade the latter's outings were more unintentionally funny and gratuitously violent.
Old 14th November 2011, 04:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

I prefer the Big Van to Seagal. He takes care in what films to pick and star in where Seagal sees a script and does it, it's

Director "I have a scri"

Seagal "Yeah i'll do it"

Director "Do you want to read it"

Seagal "Am I getting paid?"

Director "Yes"

Seagal "Yes I'll do it then"

Director "Ok"
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 14th November 2011, 06:46 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'd love to get Hard Target on blu-ray. Anyone know where to find a copy of the Russian dvd? (which seems to be the only anamorphic dvd of the unrated version).

Like this? Share it using the links below!