Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Scott Adkins (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/5662-scott-adkins.html)

wayfarer 19th May 2011 01:34 PM

Scott Adkins

For me, a rising star in the Action movie world that deserves to get a big budget break. Except, R rated action movies don't get made by Big Studio's no more. Or rarely.:censored:

My friend Mike kept going on about Adkins some time ago. The name meant nothing to me. Then I saw a clip for the movie Ninja. It looked good if not a little low budget. I liked the movie when I first saw it but found Adkins to be a bit bland.

I watched The Tournament with Robert Carlylse and Mike said that Adkins was in it. Where? I asked. It was only when I saw it for a second time I realised that he played the Russian assassin that favoured grenades and tried to kill Kelly Hu in a church. I was quite shocked that I hadn't recognised him.

Then, I finally got around to watching Undisputed II. Then the penny dropped as to why Mike got so into Adkins' movies. This bloke can actually act and kick major ass in a movie.

I've since seen Undisputed III which was also very good and The Shepherd: Border Patrol which was not so good. You know, the one where JCVD is sleepwalking through the movie?

Anybody else got an interest in Scott Adkins?

pedromonkey 19th May 2011 05:00 PM

Wayfarer, i've been following Adkins since his days on Eastenders. He is an astonishing martial artist. Ninja is a very good film, better than Ninja Assassin. He was good in The Shepherd and was under used in The Tournament.

You should check out Undisputed 3 where his character Yuri Bolka becomes the main focus. It's a great film and has some unbelievable fight choreography in it.
He was also Weapon X in Xmen Origins: Wolverine and was the fight choreographer on that film.

Stephen@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 08:59 PM

I see that he's also in Van Damme's newest film, Weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedromonkey 19th May 2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 151925)
I see that he's also in Van Damme's newest film, Weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that he is Stephen...

wayfarer 20th May 2011 07:14 AM

@pedromonkey - I've got the Blu-Ray of Undisputed III. It's a quality movie and reminds me of the spirit of the early Van Damme movies. I love the ending to both Undisputed movies - both have surprising final scenes.

Looking forward to Weapon. JCVD seems to have gotten over the majority of his troubles after admitting to having bipolar disorder, the success of th emovie JCVD and the almost therapuetic experience of doing a reality TV show. I caught a couple of clips from that show featuring Adkins. he seem slike a throughly nice bloke.

I just hope the recent movie news is true; that Adkins is to star in the next Universal Soldier movie.

pedromonkey 20th May 2011 07:49 AM

he's just made a Zombie film too it's called Re-Kill

blindfold 23rd February 2012 11:12 AM

up and coming

come on Adkins - Get that breakout role. Hope he doesn't get beaten up too bad by Statham in Exp2

Drakie79 5th March 2012 04:19 PM

Am a fan of Scott Adkins and the films he stars in, I tend to find them honest on the whole, and I like that in a film. I just watched Killer Elite and felt that the film would have benefitted from a star like Adkins over others.

Drakie79 29th April 2014 05:34 PM

Boyka

DAMTOYS - GK005 - The Gang s Kingdom - Daimond 2

MacBlayne 21st January 2015 10:26 PM

My friend wrote an article on Adkins recently(-ish) It won't contain any surprises for you guys but you may find it enjoyable enough

Scott Adkins: this generation’s greatest unsung action star? | Den of Geek