Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   The Women of HK Action Cinema (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/7347-women-hk-action-cinema.html)

bdc 11th December 2011 11:08 AM

The Women of HK Action Cinema

Just an idea for a thread I had... ;)

Here's some clips to get things started...

Women´s Fights - YouTube

Fighting Beauty - Women in Action 2 - YouTube

Beautiful & Dangerous - Women in Action 3 - YouTube

Splatterdragon73 12th December 2011 05:54 AM

My fave two Eastern fighting females are probably Shaw Bros. starlet Hui Ying Hung and Michelle Yeoh. Both were easy on the eye and great at kicking bad guy butt back in their respective heydays imo. Yeung Lai Ching ('Cynthia Khan'), Yukari Oshima, Joyce Godenzi and Moon Lee were pretty good too but i must admit Angela Mao never really did it for me. Sacrilege i know but there you go!

Yeoh in particular is wonderful to watch in the first two In The Line Of Duty installments and Magnificent Warriors.

There's also quite a few other HK cinema females i like but purely for their lovely looks rather than (if any) onscreen combat skills.:)

Bringer Of Funerals 12th December 2011 05:48 PM

I like watching Maggie Cheung and her from Crouching Tiger (her who steals the sword - forgot her name) shes good as kicking bad guys in and in the Japanese side Ryo from Battle Royale and Kill Bill

wongfeihung62 12th December 2011 07:56 PM

My fave's in no particular order.

MICHIKO NISHIWAKI
YUKARI OSHIMA
MOON LEE
MICHELLE YEOH
CYNTHIA KHAN
ANGELA MAO YING
KARA HUI
CHENG PEI PEI
MAGGIE CHEUNG
JOEY WONG
CARRIE NG
CHINGMY YAU
BRIGITTE LIN
JUDY LEE

and loads more... I would recommend the film Angels aka Iron Angels, especially the end fight with Moon Lee and Yukari Oshima.

wongfeihung62 12th December 2011 08:14 PM

Having some problems with my computer, so could some kind soul put up the end fight from Iron Angels with Ms Lee and the Osh, available on you tube. Now thats a brutal fight.

http://youtu.be/9fTZ73AU9tU

bdc 12th December 2011 08:33 PM

Yep,that one's really brutal! :nod:

"Moon Lee" vs "Yukari Oshima" Most Brutal girl-on-girl Fight Ever (Iron Angel) - YouTube

Gigantor 13th December 2011 01:19 AM

FUN Thread!:)

Splatterdragon73 14th December 2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wongfeihung62 (Post 203305)
My fave's in no particular order.

YUKARI OSHIMA
MOON LEE
MICHELLE YEOH
CYNTHIA KHAN
KARA HUI
MAGGIE CHEUNG
JOEY WONG
CARRIE NG
CHINGAMY YAU
BRIGITTE LIN

and loads more.

Joey Wong is especially achingly beautiful and she's stunning to look at in A Chinese Ghost Story and City Hunter imo. I also had quite a crush on Brigitte Lin back in the '80s after seeing her in Police Story.

You can add Christy Chung, Cherie Cheung, Sylvia Chang, Valerie Chow, Dodo Cheng, Nina Li Chi, Sibelle Hu, Sandra Ng, Emily Chu and Sally Yeh to the list too. Easy on the eye all of 'em in one way or another!:eyebrows:

Lucy Liu and Kelly Hu are also gorgeous but of course they're not known for HK action cinema.:)

Splatterdragon73 14th December 2011 01:23 PM

Jackie Chan's two female friends in Dragons Forever are rather attractive too and one of 'em is quite capable of kicking butt as bad guy Phillip Ko Fei finds out in one amusing scene.;)

Splatterdragon73 15th December 2011 05:50 AM

I almost forgot about feisty Franchoise Yip and Rosamund Kwan too. The late Anita Mui wasn't too bad either although along with Maria Yi Yi and Nora Miao there's other Eastern beauties i prefer over these three. Switching sides for a moment there's no denying the delectability of former Miss Spain the luscious Lola Forner from The Armour Of God and Wheels On Meals. Spaghetti sexpot Malisa Longo was rather radiant in The Way Of The Dragon too imo. A couple of Caucasian crackers make no mistake.;)