Like Tree120Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th February 2012, 03:38 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon View Post
Here's another from Japan called Attack of the Super Monsters:

Apparently it was originally a Japanese TV series that was edited together int this movie form when it was released overseas. I've never seen the full thing but it looks entertaining and it's got to be the only Kaiju film to blend suitmation with traditional 2D animation
It was from 1977 series Kyôryû sensô Aizenbôgu, from Tsubaraya Productions.
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 9th February 2012, 03:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The under-representation of Godzilla films on Blu-Ray is a concern. I can only think of the first Gojira (which has had a couple of BD releases) and Media Blasters' BD of Destroy All Monsters. (Not counting GINO of course!)

There are the Mill Creek BDs of the 90s Gamera titles too.

Are there any others out there?
Old 9th February 2012, 04:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
The under-representation of Godzilla films on Blu-Ray is a concern. I can only think of the first Gojira (which has had a couple of BD releases) and Media Blasters' BD of Destroy All Monsters. (Not counting GINO of course!)

There are the Mill Creek BDs of the 90s Gamera titles too.

Are there any others out there?

Toho Blu-ray Movies and Releases

Only problem will be I expect no subs. Also http://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-Vs-Me...8807043&sr=1-2
"A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself."
Old 9th February 2012, 04:02 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ah yes, forgot about those as they are not English friendly. It's almost worth learning Japanese!
Old 9th February 2012, 04:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Ah yes, forgot about those as they are not English friendly. It's almost worth learning Japanese!
I used to have a few Japanese laserdiscs, back in the day. No subs as well. Apparently Toho aren't too bothered about foreign sales to put subs on the discs.
I spoke to Harvey Fenton about a Godzilla movie fest, but was told that Toho wanted too much money.
Old 9th February 2012, 04:14 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I had never heard of that G vs Megalon BD! Cheers. Ordering it right now!

wongfeihung62 and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 10th February 2012, 02:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Gojirosan and Wongfeihung62, you both sure know your Godzilla movies. I love the whole Godzilla pantheon. Ever since watching Son of Godzilla.
I put up a review on my site for Gojira/Godzilla King of Monsters Gojira (1954)/Godzilla King of the Monsters (1956) | The Lost Classics

As much as I really liked Final Wars - thought it was a cool touch seeing Zilla get blown into the Sydney Opera House - it would be great to see some new Godzilla films. I know there was talk of Gareth (Monsters) Edwards making a Hollywood revamp. Could be cool.
Gojirosan likes this.
Night of the Creeps (1986)
Old 10th February 2012, 09:29 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

TOHO seem to be waiting for the 60th anniversary of big G to bring her(yep, she's a female) back, as a kid who grew up in the states in the 70s I know that TOHO found good money selling to American t.v. they probably see the Japanese home market as their prime revenue source, imagine how much they make on figures and merchandising from lifelong 'otaku' alone, but it's sad that the company doesn't seem interested entering other markets i.e. the U.K.
Gojirosan and wongfeihung62 like this.
Old 11th February 2012, 08:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

As its my 50th in 2 weeks if anyone wants to buy me this. Long OOP, but some are available for about £800.00.

GODZILLA FINAL BOX.

"Godzilla (1954)" (catalogue number: TDV-2593D), "Godzilla Raids Again (Godzilla's Counter Attack )" (TDV-2624D), "King Kong vs. Godzilla" (TDV-2599D), "Mothra vs. Godzilla" (TDV-2712D), "Sandaikaiju Chikyu Saidai no Kessen" (TDV-2631D), "Kaiju Daisenso (Godzilla Vs. Monster Zero)" (TDV-2716D), "Godzilla, Ebirah, Mothra: Nankai no Daiketto" (TDV-2720D), "Kaijutou no Kessen Godzilla no Musuko (Son of Godzilla)" (TDV-2725D), "Kaiju Soshingeki (Destroy All Monsters, Operation Monsterland)" (TDV-2729D), "Godzilla, Minilla, Gabara - All Kaiju Daishingeki (Godzilla's Revenge)" (TDV-2785D), "Godzilla vs. Hedorah (Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster)" (TDV-2791D), "Godzilla vs. Gigan (aka Godzilla on Monster Island)" (TDV-2849D), "Godzilla vs. Megalon" (TDV-2860D), "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla" (TDV-2695D), "Mechagodzilla no Gyakushu (Meghagodzilla Raids Again)" (TDV-2696D), "Godzilla (1984)" (TDV-2645D), 17."Godzilla vs. Biollante" (TDV-2654D), "Godzilla vs. King Ghidra" (TDV-2639D), 19."Godzilla vs. Mothra" (TDV-2641D), "Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1993)" (TDV-2656D), "Godzilla vs. Space Godzilla" (TDV-2658D), "Godzilla vs Destoroyah (Godzilla vs. Destroyer, 1995)" (TDV-2660D), "GODZILLA 2000 Millennium" (TDV-2582D), ."Godzilla vs. Megaguirus: The G Annihilation Strategy" (TDV-2609D), "Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah : Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (Daikaiju Sokogeki)" (TDV-2659D), "Godzilla x Mechagodzilla (2002)" (TDV-2723D), and "Godzilla, Mothra, Mechagodzilla: Tokyo S.O.S." (TDV-2864D). Each disc comes housed in a digipak. Also comes with three bonus discs containing "Godzilla, King of the Monsters! (Kaijuou Godzilla)," "SF Kaiju Synth Sound Godzilla Densetsu," "SF Kokyo Fantasy - Godzilla Fantasy," and more (expected), and come housed in a triple-gatefold digipak. Bonus features include "Godzilla Head" (made of soft vinyl/pre-painted) and a deluxe A4-sized all-color pictorial booklet. Comes housed in a carton box to house 28 digipaks including a space for the DVD "GODZILLA FINAL WARS (2004)" to be released on July 22, 2005 (sold separately) and a triple-gatefold digipak for the three bonus disc.
Old 11th February 2012, 08:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
TOHO seem to be waiting for the 60th anniversary of big G to bring her(yep, she's a female) back, as a kid who grew up in the states in the 70s I know that TOHO found good money selling to American t.v. they probably see the Japanese home market as their prime revenue source, imagine how much they make on figures and merchandising from lifelong 'otaku' alone, but it's sad that the company doesn't seem interested entering other markets i.e. the U.K.
There were unconfirmed rumours that the American Godzilla re-boot has been put back until 2014. This would coincide with the 60th anniversary of old G.

Like this? Share it using the links below!