Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Action & Adventure (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=558)
-   -   Dark Angel (Dolph Lundgren) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/action-adventure/9385-dark-angel-dolph-lundgren.html)

keirarts 29th August 2012 09:49 PM

Dark Angel (Dolph Lundgren)

1 Attachment(s)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099817/

Attachment 77901

Dark Angel [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Michael J. Pollard, Dolph Lundgren, Brian Benben, Betsy Brantley, Matthias Hues, Jay Bilas, Jim Haynie, David Ackroyd, Sherman Howard, Sam Anderson, Craig R. Baxley, CategoryCultFilms, CategoryUSA, Dark Angel (UK) ( I

Personally this is one of my favourite lundgren movies, and I Love the DVD from MGM.

Any other fans?

Anyone know if theres a Blu-ray in the works?

keirarts 29th August 2012 09:50 PM

Dark Angel (aka I Come in Peace) Theatrical Trailer - YouTube

Dark Angel aka I Come in Peace (1990) - YouTube

Make Them Die Slowly 30th August 2012 12:30 AM

I've caught this a couple of times on TV and loved it both times.

Daemonia 30th August 2012 12:32 AM

The MGM DVD is great and not one that's had a very wide release, I believe. It's great fun and is certainly one of Lundgren's best. Pretty grisly in places too, but overall it's great fun.

keirarts 30th August 2012 08:07 AM

I used to watch this movie constantly as an impressionable 11 year old, I was glad to see some sort of dvd release for the movie and i'm glad its not just me that likes it!

Demoncrat 30th August 2012 09:45 AM

Watched this a few times. As Brian Benben was in some imported sitcom on C4 'round about the time this came out, it was interesting to see him in a different genre. If I could say I have a favourite DL, it would be this, with The Punisher a close second. A nasty little thing really, must dig out my VHS methinks......:nod:

Baseball Fury 30th August 2012 11:25 AM

I had it on VHS when I was a kid (in a gold box, oooh), but I haven't seen it for at least 15 years. Might have to get it from Lovefilm!

keirarts 30th August 2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 269667)
I had it on VHS when I was a kid (in a gold box, oooh), but I haven't seen it for at least 15 years. Might have to get it from Lovefilm!

Or watch the link I posted above. Its up for free on youtube.

demonknight 30th August 2012 07:11 PM

Loved Dark Angel when I was younger. I think my uncle gave me the movie on vhs if
i remember correctly. Brian Benben who stars in dark angel,also features in one of the masters of horror episodes. I think its the one directed by John landis. Think its called Deer Woman. Anyway, Dark Angel rocks.

chainsawtothehead 30th August 2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 269643)
Watched this a few times. As Brian Benben was in some imported sitcom on C4 'round about the time this came out, it was interesting to see him in a different genre. If I could say I have a favourite DL, it would be this, with The Punisher a close second. A nasty little thing really, must dig out my VHS methinks......:nod:

Dream On, it was called. Funny and rude.

I love the very explosive guns used: just one shot could destroy a car :cool: And Hues: whatever happened to him? He did some pretty crappy direct-to-video films, but Dark Angel (I Come In Peace was the US title) is his - and one of Dolph's - best!

Andra Jai 30th August 2012 09:15 PM

I'd buy a blu-ray release in a hearbeat

dream demon 30th August 2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chainsawtothehead (Post 269780)
Dream On, it was called. Funny and rude.

I love the very explosive guns used: just one shot could destroy a car :cool: And Hues: whatever happened to him? He did some pretty crappy direct-to-video films, but Dark Angel (I Come In Peace was the US title) is his - and one of Dolph's - best!

I used to love that show!

"I want the biggest f*cking gun you've got!"

(Gun store owner pulls out massive hand cannon.)

"I want the second biggest f*cking gun you've got!" :lol:

And yes, Dark Angel also rocks and is very funny in places, too. :nod:

Daemonia 30th August 2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 269686)
Or watch the link I posted above. Its up for free on youtube.

I'm sure MGM are pleased about that. :lol:

Bringer Of Funerals 31st August 2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 269573)

Personally this is one of my favourite lundgren movies

I have to say i haven't seen many of his films but everytime I see this on Amazon or in a shop I always want to buy it, yet i keep putting it off for some reason. Its the cover that draws me in - so i will be picking this up at some point

keirarts 31st August 2012 04:30 PM

It's certainly worth a punt.

incidentally STASH HOUSE, out soon and starring Lundgren as a baddie is pretty damnned entertaining as well.

J Harker 9th September 2012 06:39 PM

I used to love Lundgrens films as a teenager. This one was my favourite though. Really liked the old Entertainment in Video vhs cover it had. Had my eye on Stash House in HMV yesterday. Been put off his later films though. Not sure why. Command Performance werent too bad.

keirarts 10th September 2012 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 272306)
I used to love Lundgrens films as a teenager. This one was my favourite though. Really liked the old Entertainment in Video vhs cover it had. Had my eye on Stash House in HMV yesterday. Been put off his later films though. Not sure why. Command Performance werent too bad.

I'm not a fan of the last univeral soldier movie.

J Harker 10th September 2012 07:23 AM

Is that the Regeneration one? Isn't he only in it for twenty mins?

keirarts 10th September 2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 272374)
Is that the Regeneration one? Isn't he only in it for twenty mins?

Thats the one, it actually made me nod off... total rubbish.

Jox 27th August 2013 02:43 PM

Aside from the already great Blu-ray edition from Scream Factory out today, DARK ANGEL will soon receive a BD treatment on region B from Austrian company NSM Records (behind the PUNISHER 3-discs mediabook alongside KOCH MEDIA)! :cool:

trebor8273 27th August 2013 03:12 PM

I just went to buy it was listed as 10.97 I think when I went to page it had disappeared and only one left was used at nearly 18 :(

demonknight 28th August 2013 03:10 PM

Going off track a little here, but Sherman Howard, who plays Manning in Dark Angel, is in fact Howard Sherman who played Bub in Romero's Day of the Dead. He changed his name not long after he completed work on Day. He can also be seen in the film version of The Stand :)

Jox 28th June 2014 04:17 PM

https://www.facebook.com/NSMRecords/...43075842401290

Finally the NSM digibook edition Blu-ray+DVD out August 29 with:

- a booklet of 20 pages (minimum) featuring exclusive liner notes by Jérémie Damoiseau (in English)
(with infos you probably never heard of)
- exclusive Matthias Hues interview (in German I suspect)
- interviews with Craig Baxley, Dolph Lundgren and Brian Benben (the one produced by Shout Factory I guess)
- theatrical trailer
- lobby cards
- stills gallery
- poster gallery
- Filmographies

Covers A & B limited to 1,000 / Covers C&D limited to 500
http://www.schnittberichte.com/news/..._mediabook.jpg

pre-order:
D&T Mailorder Shop

Medienversand.at - Der Megastore mit über 50000 Artikel aus den Bereichen DVD, blu-ray, Games, Erotik, Horror - ungekürzt bzw. uncut

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th June 2014 04:24 PM

Already own the US blu of I Come In Peace, but I'm tempted by that Thai artwork (cover D).

Jox 28th June 2014 04:29 PM

The booklet will also be worth your pennies if you're interested in an in-depth genesis story on the making of the film as never before - in the same vein as the ones in the US edition of RED SCORPION... ;)
(Shout Factory weren't interested in liner notes, their loss.)

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th June 2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jox (Post 408738)
The booklet will also be worth your pennies if you're interested in an in-depth genesis story on the making of the film as never before - in the same vein as the ones in the US edition of RED SCORPION... ;)
(Shout Factory weren't interested in liner notes, their loss.)

I'd better learn German then! :tongue1:

Jox 28th June 2014 04:49 PM

No these will be in English!

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th June 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jox (Post 408743)
No these will be in English!

Oh right. Strange.

Jox 28th June 2014 05:06 PM

OK, I wrote them, and I can't speak German either, and it would have been too much work them to translate (which I hoped they wouldn't so it could be read by anybody).

Stephen@Cult Labs 28th June 2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jox (Post 408748)
OK, I wrote them, and I can't speak German either, and it would have been too much work them to translate (which I hoped they wouldn't so it could be read by anybody).

Ah, I see. Cool. :) Thanks.

Jox 7th October 2014 02:28 AM

So ultimately they translated the booklet to German but the original English text is on the disc itself among the special features...